Ayr vs Thistle - 10th September 2022

When originally looking at the fixtures did not expect this game to be 1st vs 2nd. We were frustrating at times today but came out with the win which is the main thing. 

Looking forward to this one, expecting an end to end game. Watched the Ayr vs Dundee game on telly last week and Ayr looked very impressive in that, especially Akinyemi who we will need to try our best to keep quiet. We have played quite a lot of good stuff this season and have good depth in our squad so hopefully we can pick up a big three points. 

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Uncle Ian returns to his old stomping ground for the first time with us being up the right end of the table and possibly going to be in the mix, hmm....

Weren’t Ayr in the Top 2 when McCall first went back to Somerset with us in 2019? 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What’s the chat on Tiffoney - injured?

Has everything for a cracking game, this one. 

Yes. Last word is he was off for a scan but McCall didn’t seem overly concerned that it would be long-term.

If you'd said to people after the League Cup groups that our games vs Arbroath and Ayr in early September would be against the team at the top of the league and the bottom of the league about 99% would have got the teams' league positions wrong. 

Should be a cracking atmosphere with our chunk of ex Ayr players coming back as well as the obvious McCall history. 

Ayr have already beaten Dundee and QP and should have nothing to fear from us, at the same time we're scoring at over 2 goals a game and will cause any team in the league problems. 

0-0 then. 

8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Weren’t Ayr in the Top 2 when McCall first went back to Somerset with us in 2019? 

Forgot about that tbf

4 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Tasty tussle between Dipo & Muirhead, hopefully the dressing room will inform him of the latter's fondness for the dark arts whilst defending.

Think aero is injured

Mcginty coping with Graham, that’s funny.
He's has been brilliant since new year, hard to believe I know the reason he's not in the team is the young lad Kirk from Arsenal along with Franki are ball playing defenders who link really well with Murdoch and Dempsey and get us up the pitch, McGinty can't do that and tends to punt it, I dont think Bullen will change it because it would be really harsh on Kirk.

17 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
25 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:
Mcginty coping with Graham, that’s funny.

He's has been brilliant since new year, hard to believe I know the reason he's not in the team is the young lad Kirk from Arsenal along with Franki are ball playing defenders who link really well with Murdoch and Dempsey and get us up the pitch, McGinty can't do that and tends to punt it, I dont think Bullen will change it because it would be really harsh on Kirk.

If you watched him play for Thistle you would see why your comment was funny to me lol. I never liked him because he is a big unit of a guy and never used it to his advantage at all, he’s the type that you’d expect to bully strikers but he was very soft when he played for us.

If you watched him play for Thistle you would see why your comment was funny to me lol. I never liked him because he is a big unit of a guy and never used it to his advantage at all, he’s the type that you’d expect to bully strikers but he was very soft when he played for us.
I get where your coming from but Bullen seams to have found a way of getting the best out of him, he was a warrior at the tail end of last season and a massive part of us staying up.

56 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Wonder if we might see McGinty back for this to cope with the threat Graham. Maybe Mullen in for O'connor for his set peice ability but would be happy to see the same starting 11.

I hope mcGinty plays.