Stranraer vs Dumbarton

Highlights really tell the story of the game. Interested in @pleslie99 thoughts on the first yellow for the full-back who was sent off. In real time I thought it looked a bad challenge, but watching it back I actually think he's unlucky to be booked. 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Highlights really tell the story of the game. Interested in @pleslie99 thoughts on the first yellow for the full-back who was sent off. In real time I thought it looked a bad challenge, but watching it back I actually think he's unlucky to be booked. 

Yeah seems a bit harsh but took 2 viewings of the challenge so see it was harsh so can see why the ref, at 1st viewing in real time deemed it to be reckless. 

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Enjoying the guy rolling up a fag rather than paying attention to the first goal.

28 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Looks like a bit of a battering going by the highlights. Gives the rest of the league a bit of hope if Stranraer can dominate The Sons in that manner.

Just try to not give away too many corners or free kicks around the box. Didn't think the long throws were that effective and by the end of the first half the throws were barely reaching the edge of the box. In the second half he was throwing the ball short despite the big lads trotting up the park each time, maybe his arms get sore as the game progresses. They did narrow the pitch at Dumbarton of course so maybe not so much of a threat away from home.

19 minutes ago, scott666 said:

Just try to not give away too many corners or free kicks around the box. Didn't think the long throws were that effective and by the end of the first half the throws were barely reaching the edge of the box. In the second half he was throwing the ball short despite the big lads trotting up the park each time, maybe his arms get sore as the game progresses. They did narrow the pitch at Dumbarton of course so maybe not so much of a threat away from home.

I think the issue with the long throws was the lack of space for a run up. There's loads of room at our place - and at a good few other grounds, like Ochilview. But at Stair Park the fence is so close to the pitch that he was basically having to chuck it at an angle, or with only a two step run-up.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think the issue with the long throws was the lack of space for a run up. There's loads of room at our place - and at a good few other grounds, like Ochilview. But at Stair Park the fence is so close to the pitch that he was basically having to chuck it at an angle, or with only a two step run-up.

Can imagine other managers taking notes here........

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If they are willing to cement in fences nearer the pitch to stop Aron Lynas long throws (which we've scored once from all season) then fair play to them ;)

'Hey groundsman, when you've finished setting up the electric fence round the pitch, remember to connect it to the mains fencer before the match starts'.

19 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Yeah seems a bit harsh but took 2 viewings of the challenge so see it was harsh so can see why the ref, at 1st viewing in real time deemed it to be reckless. 

Thought at the time the first yellow was harsh, hard but fair challenge. Like many of Forrest’s tackles are. 
Had a decent view of it from the main stand. 
In the highlights it looks like the referee couldn’t be happier to give the second yellow, he had a huge grin on his face. 

Referee poor for both teams. Very much all about him. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

This question to Sons fans who attended on Tuesday; how did Orsi, Wilson and Love perform ?

Orsi and Love worked hard. But had next to no impact on the game. Certainly compared to Stranraer's wingers, who were both a threat all night. I remember it being said on here by a Clyde fan, but I really think we need to play Love centrally to get the most out of him. Maybe even as a centre-forward when Byrne is hooked after 65 minutes.

It's just not happening for Div Wilson this season. Admittedly the game bypassed the midfield, but he struggled to get a touch of the ball. You see flashes of quality - but I'd be starting McKee every day of the week over him.

Tl;dr - Faz will probably be tempted to start McKee, MacLean and Garrity next weekend. Which probably answers your question.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Orsi and Love worked hard. But had next to no impact on the game. Certainly compared to Stranraer's wingers, who were both a threat all night. I remember it being said on here by a Clyde fan, but I really think we need to play Love centrally to get the most out of him. Maybe even as a centre-forward when Byrne is hooked after 65 minutes.

It's just not happening for Div Wilson this season. Admittedly the game bypassed the midfield, but he struggled to get a touch of the ball. You see flashes of quality - but I'd be starting McKee every day of the week over him.

Tl;dr - Faz will probably be tempted to start McKee, MacLean and Garrity next weekend. Which probably answers your question.

Tbh I don't understand how Wilson kept his place after McKee recovered from injury