Stranraer vs Dumbarton

On 13/09/2022 at 13:08, Nowhereman said:

Its crazy playing it on the Tuesday. A good way of guaranteeing hardly any Dumbarton fans there. Anyone know why?

It’s the day Eric Phillips comes out from under his Union Jack bedsheets and stops mourning. 

Think this will be much tighter than some would imagine! I'd happily take a point at this stage and stay unbeaten. A midweek jaunt down the road with virtually no fans being able to make the trip and a team who are very low in confidence... recipe for a home win I reckon. We also haven't been overly convincing in our last couple of matches, at least offensively that is, albeit we are fairly solid looking at the back.

I'd expect a reaction from Stranraer after their defeat at Stirling, and probably a changed line-up with Grant returning from suspension.

Stair Park has been a graveyard for us over the decades but if we can win tonight it would be massive heading into another two away games.   To do that though we need to improve on one goal from open play in the last three league games.

5 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I'd expect a reaction from Stranraer after their defeat at Stirling, and probably a changed line-up with Grant returning from suspension.

Stair Park has been a graveyard for us over the decades but if we can win tonight it would be massive heading into another two away games.   To do that though we need to improve on one goal from open play in the last three league games.

I expected a reaction at Stirling on Saturday after the way we lost at Stenhousemuir. 
I don’t see anything other than an easy away win. 

This was always going to happen and there will be suspensions to kick in too.  I share the concern about big Ryan's long spell out, but when will ever be a good time to reintroduce him (yes, I know he played against Rangers B) to meaningful action ?  I would also assume Faz and him have had a chat about tonight.

Mind you, I'd have preferred McKee to start for his experience and composure.