Clyde v Alloa

16 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

One or two at most don't tar us all with the same brush , All clubs  have one or two like this  , Stupid of him sitting there anyway . what did he expect ?

I think he expected to be able to go and watch his sons playing football.  The Alloa support are in my experience absolutely brilliant. Very supportive towards the players and the club.  These two surprised me.  

1 hour ago, chicharreros said:

The abuse dished out to Peter Grant Senior was nothing short of deplorable.  Father and son double act being the main culprits.  Disgusting behaviour. Way beyond rivalry/banter.  Only brought shame on the Alloa support

Disappointed to hear that. Particularly poor given Peter Grant undoubtedly did his best as Alloa manager and led us to some memorable results, despite us ultimately being relegated in his second season. Always handled himself very well and represented the club properly. 

Didn't see the game yesterday but a very welcome win. Like printer I was trying to work out those subs early in the second half, certainly a bold move to put on 2 attackers for 2 defenders when you're 2-1 up away from home! Not sure about so many shape changes through a game too but hopefully that will settle the next few weeks as the manager integrates the new signings into the squad. Certainly we look a good bit stronger than a couple of weeks ago and should get better as they all settle in. 

Edited by Waspie

19 minutes ago, chicharreros said:

I think he expected to be able to go and watch his sons playing football.  The Alloa support are in my experience absolutely brilliant. Very supportive towards the players and the club.  These two surprised me.  

Although I don’t agree with the shouting back and forward, surely you would sit down in the home side to watch your sons playing for that team?

Then factoring in you ended up being in charge when the other side were relegated, sitting in beside them screams of either antagonistic or attention seeking behaviour.

To be fair to Grant, he didn’t really react to it all, unlike the boy beside him.  

6 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Although I don’t agree with the shouting back and forward, surely you would sit down in the home side to watch your sons playing for that team?

Then factoring in you ended up being in charge when the other side were relegated, sitting in beside them screams of either antagonistic or attention seeking behaviour.

To be fair to Grant, he didn’t really react to it all, unlike the boy beside him.  

Yea

Wonder where he'll sit next week at Clyde V Dunfermline, if he goes?

Not hard to see why the Clyde fans are annoyed about the result. Looks like they did pretty well and could've got something from the game on another day, but both sides made their mistakes.

Looks pretty clear on the replay that Andy didn't deserve a red card for the Allan chance; he did quite well keeping his head after a disastrous mistake. Presumably it looked worse at the time.

I officially like Brian Rice. He's got his plan, he adapts when necessary, and quite often it works (Edinburgh City being the notable exception). Not hard to see why folk would be confused by his changes yesterday, but it paid off, and it looked like an entertaining match from the highlights. Inclined to think that the board have made another good appointment after the disaster of a year ago.

4 dreadful goals from our POV to lose but I doubt the players & manager are under any illusion otherwise & will be working to eradicate it - they'll need to.

Interesting interview with Rice afterwards.  He got a bit tetchy when the guy from Alloa TV asked him about his own defence "well we just won a game".  But it was a reasonable question as Clyde could have scored about 5 yesterday fairly easily, so I don't think he looked too clever with that response.

Said before I think we've the making of a decent team this year, but likely need to sort a couple things out with loans 

2 hours ago, chicharreros said:

Can you imagine if it was Dunfermline fans ? he would be lucky to come out alive , poor decision by him , but yes the actions of these two embarassed me .

Still losing the same goal(s) as peterhead 2nd every week...

I called it after we got "very" lucky coming in goalless in 1st half v Kelty when the same move put them in several times..

Edinburgh and Alloa yesterday waltzed through us with ease..

Improvement need quickly and a stronger Centre forward when chasing game

An absolute disgrace Peter Grant getting abuse whilst watching his sons play against us. Embarrassment ,guy didn't deserve that .

We had some great days under PG especially in his first season. He always Fronted up and met the fans etc. 

Poor