Clyde v Alloa

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Yep, it's a funny old game, Saint. Sammon and Rodden have stepped up to the plate with goals and Offord sounds like he could bang some in.

Wasn't there today. Odd one to take Graham and Church off. I'm assuming they were injured? Also, I'm guessing Kev went to right back and Cammy to left back? Could be wrong.

Six points from the last two games is a welcome return. 

Yeah, started 442, 20 mins in went 352, came out after half time back in 442, 5 mins later it was 352 again I think and then finished 442 with a back 4 of Cawley, Stanger, Taggs and Cammy. 

Delighted with 3 points given I thought we didn’t play very well. 

Crazy how more dangerous we look going forward compared to a few weeks ago. Offord looked excellent off the bench as well and was good to see Scougs back. 

ETA, didn’t look like either of the 2 were injured, Church was playing well although not the best of games from Andy

Edited by Kevchenko

3 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Yeah, started 442, 20 mins in went 352, came out after half time back in 442, 5 mins later it was 352 again I think and then finished 442 with a back 4 of Cawley, Stanger, Taggs and Cammy. 

Delighted with 3 points given I thought we didn’t play very well. 

Crazy how more dangerous we look going forward compared to a few weeks ago. Offord looked excellent off the bench as well and was good to see Scougs back. 

Clearly it's been talked about loads, but Kev and Taggs are just such good footballers, with fantastic attitude. They would do a good job for you wherever they were played.

Yes, it's been a transformation. Sammon seems to be thriving alongside Rodden, they appear to complement each. Eight goals already for the big man with five for Rodden. 

I was very impressed with Clyde first half, their pressing game was excellent and as a result we struggled to get anything going. We often try and get the ball forward early but we were being given so little time on the ball there was no quality in our passes and we couldn't keep possession at all. I was very happy to be going in level at half time.

Brian Rice certainly isn't scared to change shape and personnel and in the second half we did much better with the changes to the team. We never managed to really control the game but we found a way to start causing Clyde problems and in the end you could argue that we did enough to deserve the win.

I thought that Donnelly looked good when her came on, he's got a great first touch and that really helped us against Clyde's press. No doubt that Offord was the star of the second half, however, he was constantly causing the Clyde defence problems and he should be a real asset for the team 

I don't think that Rodden could have had too many complaints if he'd been sent off for what was a stupid challenge. Possibly the fact that it's wasn't too high when he made contact was enough to spare him a red card 

Another good 3 points but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

14 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

What evidence did you see today (and previous 2 weeks) leads you to think defending like that, gifting goals like that will result in anything other than fighting relegation?

You are far better than peterhead if it is any consolation , and if you can iron out some of the mistakes better than some  other teams 

you gave us a lot of  problems regardless of the scoreline . 

8 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

You are far better than peterhead if it is any consolation , and if you can iron out some of the mistakes better than some  other teams 

I think that’s the slightly reassuring thing from our perspective. There has been no game I’ve seen us in this season where I felt we couldn’t have taken more from the game than we did. We’re conceding so many goals from individual mistakes which should, in theory, be easy to fix. However, we’re continuing to make then every week which is a massive concern. Likewise, we’re missing some really guilt edged chances at the other end. Still some cause for optimism but we’ll need to stop the rot quickly.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Yep, it's a funny old game, Saint. Sammon and Rodden have stepped up to the plate with goals and Offord sounds like he could bang some in.

Wasn't there today. Odd one to take Graham and Church off. I'm assuming they were injured? Also, I'm guessing Kev went to right back and Cammy to left back? Could be wrong.

Six points from the last two games is a welcome return. 

The last couple of games have been a very pleasant surprise. Nice bit of form against sides we'll be hoping to finish above.

It's also been nice to be able to text my son with "that's big baldy scored again" so many times lately! He's a very useful part of the team.

I think there's no doubts, given where we are at currently, that we'll have some inconsistent results, but losing today in the manner we did was most irritating of all.  If we had conceded to a better team through sheer skill, I'd have happily conceded, but pretty much all of the goals were in the Bargain Basement giveaway mould which has been an alarmingly obvious trait the last few games.

I'm not for giving up so early on on Steven Thicot and will give him the benefit of the doubt as he's been awaiting his permit for so long and will be ring rusty, but I'm not sure a club in our position can be willing to be so accomodating when a) we're not challenging at the top and b) we're leaking goals at a fairly alarming rate.  Despite what some of our fans were protesting, he was guilty of playing the lad a mile onside for the third and nuff said about the fourth.

Feels like we need a tactical change going forward and I'd be keen to see Euan Cameron and Olly McDonald starting games.  Both looked lively when introduced and no idea why, when both have scored and looked good at times, they have seen limited game time recently.  Jordan Allan has definitely cemented main striker, so either of those two, along with Cunningham, supporting, would help.

Feel we missed the boat not recruiting one or two more, especially in midfield, where we really feel lightweight.  And, while feeling sorry for the lad Rodden, I'd rather see Hendji start ahead of him, assuming Paul Kennedy isn't fit.

Finally, special call out for two particularly bizarre refereeing decisions.  How Brad Rodden escaped a red card amazes me, and Ross Lyons cautioned for being fouled was a new one...

21 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Finally, special call out for two particularly bizarre refereeing decisions.  How Brad Rodden escaped a red card amazes me, and Ross Lyons cautioned for being fouled was a new one...

Have to agree with you on Brad Rodden’s challenge, thought it looked a red and was surprised to see yellow. 

Think that was the point the ref completely lost control of the game, although there were bizarre decisions all day. I thought there was a fair amount of players throwing themselves down pretty easily in the second half which didn’t help, but I felt you had no idea what decision Cook was going to come up with from one moment to the next. 

There was a bizarre couple in the first half that summed the ref up for me - Brad Rodden jumps to head the ball with a boot up at his head (no foul), then Ross MacIver gives away a foul when his boot was pretty much at waist height with the Clyde player bending down to head it. Absolutely simple decisions that a referee at any level should see clearly, if they can’t even get those right they’ve no hope with the bigger calls. 

I think on the referee there was a few that need a second look. Overall when I looked back his decisions weren't that bad. Certainly a few that could've went either way.

You'll see why Rodden doesn't get sent off in the highlights. 

Ross Lyon stood on Robertson's ankle although I assume he was booked for dissent.

8 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

There was a bizarre couple in the first half that summed the ref up for me - Brad Rodden jumps to head the ball with a boot up at his head (no foul), then Ross MacIver gives away a foul when his boot was pretty much at waist height with the Clyde player bending down to head it. Absolutely simple decisions that a referee at any level should see clearly, if they can’t even get those right they’ve no hope with the bigger calls. 

Sula absolutely booted Rodden in the head. Obviously dangerous play but you have to laugh at how that’s not given!

14 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Clyde the better team in the first half , 

Offord reminds me of Henderson a lot ,which is really great

not a great overall performance but take the points on our 2nd half display

Edit   Peter Grant senior really never thought hard enough about sitting in with the

Alloa fans did he  ?

The abuse dished out to Peter Grant Senior was nothing short of deplorable.  Father and son double act being the main culprits.  Disgusting behaviour. Way beyond rivalry/banter.  Only brought shame on the Alloa support

It’s not much use being far better than Peterhead when we can’t beat them ourselves and will likely gift them 10 points in matches against us.

50 minutes ago, chicharreros said:

The abuse dished out to Peter Grant Senior was nothing short of deplorable.  Father and son double act being the main culprits.  Disgusting behaviour. Way beyond rivalry/banter.  Only brought shame on the Alloa support

One or two at most don't tar us all with the same brush , All clubs  have one or two like this  , Stupid of him sitting there anyway . what did he expect ?