Hibs v Killie

Taylor surely MOTM, as he was the main man in deciding the outcome of this game. Hibs deserved to win based on the balance of play, but they were pretty crap considering they faced 10 men for 80 minutes. We were better second half but the subs were, in the main, rotten. I can only assume McKenzie was necking Mad Dog 20/20 on the bus up, he was especially poor after coming on. Need to beat the Saints next week. 

Not that concerned after today, Taylor deserved the red card which made it an uphill battle, 2nd half we looked decent considering, full backs, Polworth and Armstrong were good. 
Hibs being at home against 10 men with the wages they have available were very average, something about them as a city team that can’t quite cut it.

3 points is about all you can say. 

We had so many chances to kill that off its almost funny. 

Bojang shouldn't get near the bench. Mckirdy, once he gets more time with the squad, will score goals.

Lafferty is a horrible fuckwad.

Possibly the most unfulfilled I felt after a win in a good while, we weren’t very good at all.

Worthy of 3 points but that was probably due to the man advantage, felt Hanlon was really good which is about time because he’s been rotten for ages.

Youan is a pest and a presence but he’s not a goalscorer, Bojang is not a footballer, god knows what brought him onto our radar btw.

Although we have all been (rightly) a bit critical of both the players and our transfer strategy, its perhaps also worth saying that after that win we are only 2 points off third spot (I fucking know right !), having played barcelona hearts and Rangers already.

I still think we need to make adjustments in midfield, and adjust the forward line to put McKirdy in the middle, but I dont think the season is going to be the absolute binfire I did a few weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Although we have all been (rightly) a bit critical of both the players and our transfer strategy, its perhaps also worth saying that after that win we are only 2 points off third spot (I fucking know right !), having played barcelona hearts and Rangers already.

I still think we need to make adjustments in midfield, and adjust the forward line to put McKirdy in the middle, but I dont think the season is going to be the absolute binfire I did a few weeks ago.

I'm largely with you for now but I'm fully expecting to be in full binfire mode sooner rather than later. 

7 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

A summary of the chat in and outside the Artisan after the game.

We didn't look like we had 10 men.

I thought "we'll get one or two chances here, but need to take them". We got them, never took them.

Hibs Win.

Mcinnes isnt daft, he changed it 10 minutes after the goal after we had broken through 3 times in 5 minutes - put a solid 2 banks (5 and 4) with a bawhair between them. It makes it very difficult to break down, but thats part of the game, and the second half was particularly frustrating.

If henderson had scored that open goal in the first half, it was a case of how many - but we really need to start taking advantage of these situations. No point in having X shots if they are over the bar, wide, or in the case of Bojangs pathetic attempt at the end, barely a passback.

Can I just put in a special mention to Rory Mackenzie before he got subbed on, going absolutely radge at your player who was "injured" in front of the West Stand. Even came on to the pitch to shout dugs abuse at him - was the only excitement for me in the final 45.............................