Pollok v Clydebank - 10th Sept

Newlandsfield park is great for housing 900 fans, its a superb environment, stadium and everyone enjoys themselves unless your  a Pollok supporter when the result doesn't end well.  I don't see any point in Pollok moving, even if they in the future move up to Lowland league or even SPFL2 the crowd restriction size is fine. Just for big cup ties there could be more fans but it is what it is.

Plus Pollok added in superb floodlights which I thought wouldn't get through due to complaints from residents but it did and Newlandsfield is better for it so why would Pollok want to look for another ground now.   there was chances of them moving or potential murmurings but nothing ever happened and ground location in the southside of Glasgow will be hard to find and buy or lease now

28 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Got to love it when folk don't know the difference between health and safety and political correctness. What has "snowflakes and drama queens" got to do with any of this? it's not a left wing conspiricy ffs. 

And here comes the biggest drama queen on here. 

It's quite simple really newlandsfield has in the past and currently is more than  capable of hosting packed crowds and certainly more than 900 ffs. 

End of discussion. AMEN 

31 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Got to love it when folk don't know the difference between health and safety and political correctness. What has "snowflakes and drama queens" got to do with any of this? it's not a left wing conspiricy ffs. 

Perhaps as you say it would be more correctly stated as compliance gone mad!

31 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I was at the game last night and there was a very healthy crowd ( around 700 mibbee with only a clutch of Beith fans ). All felt very safe and roomy. I understand that the capacity issue is with a lack of barriers and steep nature of the covered terracing ?? I do hope that some remedial work can be carried out but bloke I was speaking to said it was upwards of 80 grand's worth so a pretty penny. Still one of the best ( if not the best ) grounds at non-league level. 

Crowd was 811 last night Bill so a good turnout

51 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Its actually a sad indictment to life these days in terms of health and safety going bonkers,  a packed newlandsfield is of no harm to anyone and as I  said before the cracking  crowds of the 70s/80s/90s was never a problem so why should it be now ?

One of the classic football grounds is being reduced to this nonsense and the snowflakes and drama queens are winning the day when the ground is perfectly fine and how good did it look last night under the lights , it just felt complete with the lights shining .

Spot on. The slab of the main stand that  I haved watched the game with for 35+ years is now classed as no safe ! Bonkers.

but gives the council something to do as nothing else to occupy them just now….

Edited by superpollok

23 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

And here comes the biggest drama queen on here. 

It's quite simple really newlandsfield has in the past and currently is more than  capable of hosting packed crowds and certainly more than 900 ffs. 

End of discussion. AMEN 

I've litterally never noticed you before. presumably some tube on his umpteenth log in. 

Edited by Shanner

I know Meadow got our ground capacity after an initial relatively low figure given by local council increased so Pollok need to keep on at Glasgow City council to look again at capacity and follow any recommendations they ask for and even if increased to 1300 or so then that should be more than enough for most games.

On 02/09/2022 at 00:51, parsforlife said:

There are many factors in calculating capacity,  depending on the different factors, and it’s always the lowest factor that matters. 

It’s not a case of simply working out how many you can squeeze in.

if it’s quite a specific number it’s likely to be a multiple of the number of entrences/exits/toilets etc. 

it’s more about how many you can squeeze out in a hurry 

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Certainly a factor but if you can have evacuation onto a pitch it also can increase capacity, you basically need to have a plan for that. Does pollocks ground have emergency gates which open outward on towards the park?

How's about we get back to common sense and flood places like newlandsfield Park with fans,  it's never been a drama before and it shouldn't be a drama now. 

You're responsible for your own actions when at the football and there's nothing hard about standing on a terracing watching a football match without feeling the need to be in sudden  serious danger  .

50 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

How's about we get back to common sense and flood places like newlandsfield Park with fans,  it's never been a drama before and it shouldn't be a drama now. 

You're responsible for your own actions when at the football and there's nothing hard about standing on a terracing watching a football match without feeling the need to be in sudden  serious danger  .

Im not saying people aren’t but having been in ‘crush’ situations at football games etc i can see the need for some kind of regulation, its sensible to have something in place, but it doesnt need to be overreaching. 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not saying people aren’t but having been in ‘crush’ situations at football games etc i can see the need for some kind of regulation, its sensible to have something in place, but it doesnt need to be overreaching. 

I went to the ground in question on Friday night,  a crowd of 811 and a further 90 would have made it illegal and tipped it over the edge as per local authorities🤣

I've generally never felt as safe In my life and even another 2,000 on top of it would never have threatened my safety  , this 900 capacity is bonkers and the world is going mad regardless of what drama queens like shanner etc etc say on here  .

26 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

I went to the ground in question on Friday night,  a crowd of 811 and a further 90 would have made it illegal and tipped it over the edge as per local authorities🤣

I've generally never felt as safe In my life and even another 2,000 on top of it would never have threatened my safety  , this 900 capacity is bonkers and the world is going mad regardless of what drama queens like shanner etc etc say on here  .

all I've said is that you're quite thick. Hardly a dramatic statement. 

57 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Sounds like it was actually pretty much a capacity crowd.

Ground capacity isn't just the no. of spectators, it also includes players, officials, coaches, committees etc.