County vs Aberdeen, 03/09/22

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Funny listening to Willie Miller in the closing seconds of that match. From the mighty Don's strolling it to tears about 5 mins injury time. Delicious 

5 minutes did seem very generous to Ross County, although Duk going in to the crowd & taking his shirt off etc is 1 minute extra for starters. 

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Funny listening to Willie Miller in the closing seconds of that match. From the mighty Don's strolling it to tears about 5 mins injury time. Delicious 

It's strange what goes on in people's heads. I heard Willie's reaction to both goals, and he was the same with each one.

14 minutes ago, silver said:

If Aberdeen had a decent striker then they would have won comfortably. Despite their possession and attacks on goal they created very few clear chances.

Gutted to lose the goal so close to the end, but once again we scored late on. That became a bit of thing for us last season and we did it against Kilmarnock this season and once again today. Late goals like that always make it feel like a win instead of a draw. A big hard earned point for us. Delighted for Akio as well, I think he will be a big player for us this season.

Nothing to do with not having a decent striker.

You said yourself they created few chances… 

Surely defeating your own argument 

15 minutes ago, silver said:

If Aberdeen had a decent striker then they would have won comfortably. Despite their possession and attacks on goal they created very few clear chances.

Gutted to lose the goal so close to the end, but once again we scored late on. That became a bit of thing for us last season and we did it against Kilmarnock this season and once again today. Late goals like that always make it feel like a win instead of a draw. A big hard earned point for us. Delighted for Akio as well, I think he will be a big player for us this season.

I don’t get what’s happening with that Ramirez chap.  He seemed to score all the time last season.   Now the manager has decided he’s not up to standard.  

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I don’t get what’s happening with that Ramirez chap.  He seemed to score all the time last season.   Now the manager has decided he’s not up to standard.  

He barely scored for the last 4 months of the season & barely tried a leg when Glass was punted.

He fucked off early last season & returned late this season.

He tweets self pitying shite on Twitter regularly.

Get him out asap. 

Hopefully one of the Dons fans on the park got themselves a blade of grass to make it worthwhile ;)

All pish patter aside though, it was a tight game that Aberdeen probably edged but for all their pressure I don’t think they had too many clear cut chances other than Besuijen in the first half unless my mind is failing me. I swear to god though, if we don’t go 433 and take the game to Motherwell next week I think I’ll cry. We had all our pace and creativity sat on the bench today.

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're right that we got ourselves into some great positions just outside the County box but, apart from the goal, our delivery was woeful. Jayden Richardson did some great work to get into superb positions to put a great ball into the box and never did it.

The fact he’s the only right back at the club is really poor.

Overloaded with wingers & two defenders short 

12 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He barely scored for the last 4 months of the season & barely tried a leg when Glass was punted.

He fucked off early last season & returned late this season.

He tweets self pitying shite on Twitter regularly.

Get him out asap. 

Fair enough. 

57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're right that we got ourselves into some great positions just outside the County box but, apart from the goal, our delivery was woeful. Jayden Richardson did some great work to get into superb positions to put a great ball into the box and never did it.

Yeah, tbf county we’re deep and defended well so made it hard for us but some of the decision making in crossing positions is baffling. That one in the second half when Richardson gets into the box then he fires it over everybody is just inexplicable. Lack of accuracy is one thing but stuff like that drives me mad. Coulson was great today I thought but even he struggled with the final bit. 

Duk has the potential to be my favourite player in ages. Not necessarily the best but such a fun player to watch and likeable. 

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Ross County: hard to beat but terrible.  Except when they play Rangers or Celtic, in which case just terrible.  

Things must pick up. We've not got a bad squad this season. Aberdeen looked good and if they had more of a cutting edge/attacking focal point they would have buried us in the first half.  

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A sickener to lose a goal in the 95th minute with the last kick.

Ross County are a Highland league team though.
Foul, long ball, foul, long throw, foul etc. 

Horrible team, but we should defend that better. Kennedy had a fresh air swipe at the ball that should’ve cleared it

A Highland League team?! We hammered Buckie Thistle 1-1 then destroyed them on penalties in the group stages of the cup!!

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Hopefully one of the Dons fans on the park got themselves a blade of grass to make it worthwhile ;)

All pish patter aside though, it was a tight game that Aberdeen probably edged but for all their pressure I don’t think they had too many clear cut chances other than Besuijen in the first half unless my mind is failing me. I swear to god though, if we don’t go 433 and take the game to Motherwell next week I think I’ll cry. We had all our pace and creativity sat on the bench today.

Laidlaw, Purrington, Watson, Iacovetti, Baldwin, Callaghan, Loturi, Cancola, Simms, Akio, Edward.

????