Easyjet taking the piss

Forest_Fifer

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is that Easyjet? Got nowhere with them online but finally found a phone number and my problem was sorted no problem. I'll dig it out if you need it.

Tried the general customer service number and got nowhere.

18 hours ago, RH33 said:

I'm having issues getting my money back as I no longer have the credit card I booked with.

Getting no where with customer service.

Does the old credit card company have your current address? A quick google says to claim the refund on the old card and the card issuer should send you a cheque. 

image.thumb.png.4f1e0a3629c0aa330587c412cd5f40eb.png

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/credit-card-refunds/

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Does the old credit card company have your current address? A quick google says to claim the refund on the old card and the card issuer should send you a cheque. 

image.thumb.png.4f1e0a3629c0aa330587c412cd5f40eb.png

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/credit-card-refunds/

Christ, what a pain in the ass. I think it was capital one and no but I've a redirect on. I'll call them tomorrow.

On 17/09/2022 at 06:58, tree house tam said:

Are folk really booking a budget/low end, fairly cheap airline then complaining about a few optional add on costs?

Thing is the flights aren’t cheap. Glasgow to Birmingham/London well above £200 one way, with Loganair much the same.

Losing Flybe and their 4 flights a day to everywhere in the UK really starting to show now.

20 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Thing is the flights aren’t cheap. Glasgow to Birmingham/London well above £200 one way, with Loganair much the same.

Losing Flybe and their 4 flights a day to everywhere in the UK really starting to show now.

You've had it easy and now you're moaning about 40 quid here or there?

Save the planet, stop flying so much.

On 19/09/2022 at 17:25, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I don't get why anyone would fly from Glasgow to Birmingham once you've taken account of getting to the airport and through security, and the faff at the other end. I've never seen fares that expensive from Inverness to Brum or London, even with all the extras, unless maybe if you're booking for the following day. Logan Air have taken over the Flybe routes from Inverness and are charging much the same.

9 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Booked on flights with Ryanair. Got to the 24 hour free check in where they randomly allocate seats for free. Despite the plane being nowhere near full the two allocated seats are not together. A deliberate ploy to get extra money out people.

That's exactly what they do, just wait till after take off and the seatbelt signs are off, and sit where you want.

As Welshbairn said, just wait for seatbelt sign, or if quick you can sometimes sneak a move before e you take off if cabin crew are too busy to notice as if you wait, somebody might have the same idea and best you to it.

The other half and I travel a bit ( this year between us we have been to Poland, Switzerland, Austria, Jordan, Romania, France Netherlands, Bosnia/Croatia and she is probably off to Egypt in October and we will probably visit her family in Poland again for Christmas and New Year).

Airlines and airports will scam you for everything.  We can probably afford to pay but choose not to as rather spend it on ourselves in other ways.  Admittedly it can border on being cheapskates though lol.

Unless we fly long-haul we never bother booking seats together.  2-3 hours on a plane can allow you to get buried into a good book/audiobook or even research your area you are visiting without interruption. Sometimes a passenger might even swap if you do want to sit together.

Also, a lot of the times with Ryanair if you ignore the extra cabin baggage offer at the early stage you sometime ls find they re-offer it again before you pay, it is usually cheaper (if not you can always cancel the booking and start again).

Just as the pandemic started we few from Doha to Bali.  We were quite far up the plane but it never seemed to be getting much busier.  When they shut the cabin doors I looked behind and every seat in the row behind us was empty...all 17 rows.  I could not believe it as you are always told that the way they allocate seating is to balance the weight of the plane.

I jumped seats before we took off to a middle row of 5/6 seats.  As soon as the seatbelt sign clicked off it I knew what was about to happen so stretched myself out to lay flat to make myself a bed and pulled my blanket over me.   It was like the London marathon as passengers ran down both aisle trying to grab all that vacant space.

• 9 months later...

Bump. 

EasyJet text me today saying my flight from Glasgow>Porto in a fortnight is cancelled. The only viable alternative was to fly out from Gatwick so had to book a train from Glasgow to London. My question is do I have reasonable grounds for getting reimbursed for the train ticket? I’m going to chance it and see what they say regardless, but just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience. 

I suspect they’ll tell me to f**k off as they gave me 2 weeks notice but it was an absolute pain in the arse trying to get something sorted this afternoon. My partner having a complete meltdown when I was trying to sort it didn’t help mind you! 

37 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Bump. 

EasyJet text me today saying my flight from Glasgow>Porto in a fortnight is cancelled. The only viable alternative was to fly out from Gatwick so had to book a train from Glasgow to London. My question is do I have reasonable grounds for getting reimbursed for the train ticket? I’m going to chance it and see what they say regardless, but just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience. 

I suspect they’ll tell me to f**k off as they gave me 2 weeks notice but it was an absolute pain in the arse trying to get something sorted this afternoon. My partner having a complete meltdown when I was trying to sort it didn’t help mind you! 

If you booked a holiday with them you almost certainly could but if it's flight only I doubt it, always worth a go though.

On another note, Easy Jet are lying c***s and always check out their excuses for fucking you over..

‘Don’t let easyJet deceive you’: NI man who debunked excuse for cancelled flight

easyJet is one of most popular budget airlines

easyJet is one of most popular budget airlines

Brett Campbell
Today at 06:25

An easyJet customer awarded compensation through a small claims court application believes others could be entitled to “colossal” amounts of money.

The Belfast man’s flight from Nice was cancelled on July 9 last year after being informed via its app that an air traffic control restriction had been imposed.

Under EU rules, this exempts carriers from having to compensate customers.

However, the excuse was debunked by the tech savvy passenger’s use of tracking app Flightradar24, which showed the aircraft was re-routed to transport travellers to the Greek island of Mykonos.

The man, who does not wish to be named, then took easyJet to a small claims court in Belfast last October.

He told this newspaper that he sent an email to CEO Johan Lundgren and customer support, adding he provided evidence that the company had been misleading and of his intention to pursue the matter legally.

“I never got a reply, but when I arrived at Laganside Court, they had a barrister waiting to meet me. They agreed to settle before the case was heard,” he explained.

The frequent flyer was among approximately 150 passengers left stranded in the French city.

“We were left at the gate and there was sheer panic because the next available flight was three days later,” he recalled.

“It was mayhem and people were paying a fortune for flights to alternative airports. I was telling everyone that they were entitled to £350 compensation above their legal right to a flight under EU regulation 261.

ADVERTISEMENT

Pause

Unmute

“But my claim form was initially rejected and presumably theirs was as well.”

He added: “I know 11 people who claimed after mine was paid, that is £3,850 out of the more than £50,000 easyJet was liable for.”

The man questioned if the practice is occurring regularly.

“If that is the case, then the company is saving colossal amounts of money by not fulfilling its legal obligations,” he added.

A spokesperson for easyJet said the customer’s application was initially rejected, but he was later advised of the classification change which happens in a “very small proportion of cases”.

However, the Belfast Telegraph has seen emails from the customer to easyJet that contained proof of the aircraft’s movements on the day in question and included requests for evidence to support the company’s claims. EasyJet failed to substantiate its assertion that air traffic control restrictions was “the primary reason” for the delay.

The airline said it attempted to contact the customer to resolve the issue when the classification subsequently changed, but was unable to reach him.

“So the matter was settled in court,” it added.

However, the claimant is adamant that no contact was made.

“They could have easily replied to my email or contacted me prior to the court date, but I didn’t get anything from them,” he said.

And just last week he found evidence that it has not changed its ways when his daughter’s flight from Corfu to Belfast was delayed.

“It stated on the app that the reason was air traffic control restrictions imposed by Belfast International Airport,” he said.

“I began investigating straight away in case the duration of the delay reached the threshold needed for a claim.

“I emailed the airport directly and they confirmed that no restrictions were ever in place.”

EasyJet insists it uses legal experts to advise on classifying delays or cancellations in line with the regulatory guidance.

It acknowledged that changes can be made upon further information or examination in “very rare” circumstances.

EasyJet maintains that air traffic control restrictions were imposed on the flight and pointed out that they can be put in place at arrival and departure points, as well as on route to destinations which creates a disruptive knock-on effect.

However, the man is urging others to hold the company to account and avoid being “deceived”.

“If you are willing to take them to court, you can secure the compensation you are entitled to,” he said.

“It is outrageous that I had to go as far as I did, but I would advise everyone to use the flight tracking app to scrutinise reasons cited for delays and cancellations.”

EasyJet said it “takes its consumer responsibilities very seriously and pays compensation when it is due” and stated that a combination of factors contribute to whether a delay or cancellation is eligible for compensation.

It confirmed all passengers booked onto the cancelled flight from Nice last July are entitled to claim compensation following the reclassification.

Asked if the company has notified customers, including those whose initial claims were rejected, it did not answer.

• 1 month later...