Easyjet taking the piss

Forest_Fifer

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

With Easyjet you can take a bag into the cabin for no extra charge as long as it fits under your seat.

And up to 45 x 36 x 20 cm, which is pretty small. If you're unlucky they can be strict about it

29 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Looking at flights from Luton to Amsterdam, I can get one for around £40 each way, but if you want a cabin bag (not checked baggage mind) it costs another £26 each way. Is this normal now? Haven't flown since before Covid.

Aye, same with Ryanair. You have to treat the advertised fare as good for an overnighter, any baggage and they stop being a budget airline.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And up to 45 x 36 x 20 cm, which is pretty small. If you're unlucky they can be strict about it

I flew to Luton last summer with EJ, it was easy enough to buy a bag with those dimensions from Amazon. IIRC it was about £10-12. My Mum flew with EJ to Birmingham last week and borrowed the bag, she was away for 3 nights and said "you can get a lot more in that wee bag than you'd think".

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I flew to Luton last summer with EJ, it was easy enough to buy a bag with those dimensions from Amazon. IIRC it was about £10-12. My Mum flew with EJ to Birmingham last week and borrowed the bag, she was away for 3 nights and said "you can get a lot more in that wee bag than you'd think".

Good to know, especially for long weekends and the like. I see Cabin Max do one for a bit more, I really rate them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Travel-Luggage-Backpack/dp/B07G9HQ5GN?th=1

818EZR-Gv-L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.j

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Looking at flights from Luton to Amsterdam, I can get one for around £40 each way, but if you want a cabin bag (not checked baggage mind) it costs another £26 each way. Is this normal now? Haven't flown since before Covid.

Wizz were the first to start this about 5 years ago but all major low cost airlines are now following suit.

You basically take the hit on the 10kg standard bag and just accept it as part of your fare or you can take the small bag free of charge if only travelling for a couple of days.

A wee tip for any Golfers is if taking your clubs in a carry case, you have more than enough room / weight allowance to stick in shoes, toiletries etc and as such don't need an additional case.

United Airlines sneakily do this now as well, the fucking chancing c***s. Booked the bairn to go the US in July and they gave her an budget economy ticket or some such shite. On closer inspection it was with cabin baggage only and had to pay to upgrade the ticket to get hold bags.

Airlines are in the main, robbing  b*****ds. 

I'm careful now with cabin bags. Coming back from Spain once some absolute jobsworth from Ryanair made me put my case into that thing they have for checking the size of your bag. My bag was probably a few centimetres too big for it but I was forced to pay some ridiculous fee so I could take it onboard.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

My Mum [...] was away for 3 nights and said "you can get a lot more in that wee bag than you'd think".

She's not wrong, but yer maw's not that small.

After the best part of a year with airports looking like ghost towns they are going to claw back money from every angle they can. 

That said you can get a lot in a decent backpack. I came up with my daughter in winter for 2 days, we just wore all the big thick stuff and rolled everything else up. 

In fairness folk got on and off the plane a bit quicker . 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RH33 said:

I'm having issues getting my money back as I no longer have the credit card I booked with.

Getting no where with customer service.

Is that Easyjet? Got nowhere with them online but finally found a phone number and my problem was sorted no problem. I'll dig it out if you need it.