Livingston Soccer Franchise v Heart of Midlothian - Sept 3rd

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Still cant understand virtually the entire Hearts defence holding their hands up for off-side against our goal instead of making a meaningful attempt to defend. 

Admittedly its almost 55 years since I played school football but even then I remember it being drilled in to us to continue to play to the whistle.

Not something Halkett would ever have done - as far as I recall.

It's as if they've been told to claim/complain hard for it and their united pressure will get them the decision, tbf it worked for Motherwell a couple of games ago getting a hand ball penalty that clearly came off Montano's chest/stomach area.

It's as if they've been told to claim/complain hard for it and their united pressure will get them the decision, tbf it worked for Motherwell a couple of games ago getting a hand ball penalty that clearly came off Montano's chest/stomach area.
I genuinely think it's something the modern day footballer is taught. If they all claim and react as if the ball is dead then they will get more of the tight decisions. Marginal gains and all that

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Tbf, I think all players are told to claim for absolutely everything. 

On 04/09/2022 at 13:18, Darren said:

I'd imagine it had very little to do with thinking about the next game and a lot to do with Neilson putting out an utterly shit team.

If professional footballers can't play twice in a week then they shouldn't be playing professional football.

As soon as I saw Sibbick and Halliday on the team sheet I knew Livingston would win.

Play the strongest 11 and stop trying to overcomplicate things.

Fair enough, mate. You could well be right, but I don’t agree. 👍

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Tbf, I think all players are told to claim for absolutely everything. 

One thing claiming in hope when it's too late to stop us scoring, but to stop playing altogether when the ball was in play and about to be hit towards your goal, and just stick your arms up in the air in unison. Even the player playing us onside stuck his arm up. 😂

There were one or two that could've put a challenge in, and had plenty time to do so, but everyone just stopped and basically let us score hoping it would be chopped off for offside. 

A pet hate is seeing players running after an attacking player with their arm up too, esp when it isn't offside, they can't possibly be putting their all into catching up with the attacking player running like that. If  i was a manager i'd be telling my players if they're the closest player they should be concentrating on stopping the attacking player and let others stick their arms up claiming for stuff. I'm sure the attacking player gets told to keep going and play to the whistle.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

One thing claiming in hope when it's too late to stop us scoring, but to stop playing altogether when the ball was in play and about to be hit towards your goal, and just stick your arms up in the air in unison. Even the player playing us onside stuck his arm up. 😂

There were one or two that could've put a challenge in, and had plenty time to do so, but everyone just stopped and basically let us score hoping it would be chopped off for offside. 

A pet hate is seeing players running after an attacking player with their arm up too, esp when it isn't offside, they can't possibly be putting their all into catching up with the attacking player running like that. If  i was a manager i'd be telling my players if they're the closest player they should be concentrating on stopping the attacking player and let others stick their arms up claiming for stuff. I'm sure the attacking player gets told to keep going and play to the whistle.

There's possibly one or two who could have put in a challenge but that would definitely carry the threat of a straight red and penalty if they got it wrong - no double jeopardy there.

All in all though; why a really experienced goalkeeper like Gordon didn't appear to even try and make a save. The fact that he is such a fantastic goalkeeper just helps to make the confusion even more.