Livingston Soccer Franchise v Heart of Midlothian - Sept 3rd

Bahamboula needs to start games now, we look so much better down the wing when he comes on, good first touch and great ball control. Same goes for Guthrie, that wee back flick was superb, got a feeling he'd have done better with our first half chances that Goncalves missed..

Apart from the first 15 mins or so where Hearts looked a threat, once we scored it looked like only one team was winning this game, and it wasn't Hearts. Could've/should've been a bit more comfortable a scoreline but great 3 pts, opening up a decent gap on bottom team Utd. Gets us back on track for a very decent opening 11 fixtures too.

Montano getting PoTM for August is onto a good start for a back to back Sept award, takes some amount of hits too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Montano was absolutely class. I was one of his bigger critics last season, but he's absolutely pulled it out the bag this year. MOTM by a mile.

Saying that, massive credit to Obileye as well, he stepped up in the absence of Fitz.

Guthrie looks like he'll be a great signing. Nice flick, and we looked better up top when he came on. Did a power of running.

Why the f**k was Penrice on the right wing? He did ok, but we were clearly a much better team when Bahamboula came on.

Fucking delighted, could easily have lost this and next week and then we're on a 5 loss streak. Well deserved win.

Fair play to Martindale for changing the shape after 20 minutes.   Starting with Nouble through the middle with Omeonga wide again was garbage.  Having said that any decent referee would have given 4 or 5 free kicks for clear fouls against Nouble in that first 20 minutes.

Very enjoyable game overall.  Once we get the Celtic game out the way there is a real chance to put a good run together against the teams below us.

6 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Why the f**k was Penrice on the right wing?

Primarily a defensive-minded move as Hearts' left back Cochrane had looked threatening during their bright start. That's my guess. Hearts do tend to go down their left more as Kingsley is the centre back who begins their build up most often.

10 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Bar The Game That Shall Not Be Named, you've only scored 3 goals against us since 2012, and 2 of them were in a 3-2 defeat, which is something i have just realised.

All the nil nils at Tynecastle had me thinking we were rubbish against Livvy but our overall record is actually great.

1 nil Livvy.

Hope you stuck a few quid on this, well called.

Pleasing win. Thought the missed chances in the first half would come back to bite us in the arse as per but kept ploughing on in the second half, and subs who came on kept things consistent. Guthrie and Nouble up top once the former is fully fit could be some laugh.

I didn't post on this thread because I didn't have time, but I'd absolutely have been giving it the billy big baws if I had.

It's stunningly impressive how often Hearts can go from relegation to third at a canter to relegation again, and that's the way we like it baby

Fair play to the Hearts fans for calling it as it was.Livingston were magnificent and thoughrally deserved that win.If it wasn't for Craig Gordon this result would have been more convincing and seeing the comments from our neighbours along the M8,tells me we were so worthy of the 3 points. Big result for us,but Hearts will bounce back.Well done Livi.

3 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

Fair play to Martindale for changing the shape after 20 minutes.   Starting with Nouble through the middle with Omeonga wide again was garbage.  Having said that any decent referee would have given 4 or 5 free kicks for clear fouls against Nouble in that first 20 minutes.

Very enjoyable game overall.  Once we get the Celtic game out the way there is a real chance to put a good run together against the teams below us.

Yeah he does make changes pretty sharpish when things aren't working, and got praise on sportscene for doing so too, however, i just wish he'd start with what was working the prev game, and what eventually worked in this game, and not stick with the formation that didn't work in the first place. Stop putting Omeonga on the wing and get Bahamboula in there, and would rather see Nouble drifting out wide too with Guthrie up top. Our midfield short arses all played better today though, even when some weren't in their best positions, on Wed night they were all awful. 

I've watched us in a few games where we've created chances to blow opposition teams away, and end up scraping wins, we could do with starting our strongest XI and just going for it first half to go in at HT 2 or 3 goals up. Not a goal up at best, then bring on Guthrie and Bahamboula to see the game out, or worse, try to claw back a couple of goals to get a draw.

I'm just being picky now after a great day for us, delighted getting the win and having a lovely weekend feeling, just think we could be even better and are maybe a bit too cautious just now.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Better performance going forward ,poor first 20 minutes, much better commitment than lately, better tactics overall.

Better with Shinnie of the park

George  6/10  Nothing to do
Devlin  6/10  
Obileye 6/10
Kelly   6/10
Holt    5/10
Pittman 7/10  Problem with Pittman he only plays well 1 game every 4 
Montaño  8/10
Esmael  3/10  Doesn't look match fit,you can't  afford to miss sitters in this league

Omeonga  6.5/10
Penrice  6.5/10
Nouble   7/10

Longridge
 Guthrieat  6/10
Kelly
Bahamboulaat 7/10

15 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Last two we have played like we are a big team playing wee teams that we just need to turn up against to take the points. 

We are not.

Europe giving the players big heads?

Today was very poor, very few pass marks.

The European game will be what it will be, but St Mirren next week is probably a must-win

58 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Last two we have played like we are a big team playing wee teams that we just need to turn up against to take the points. 

We are not.

We played like a team whose attacking quartet was mostly composed of a finished winger and a couple of guys who couldn't hack the step up from English League One to Championship. Not to mention the patchwork defence and Andy Halliday in midfield. I didn't look at that starting line-up today and think it was significantly better than Livi's.

I know injuries and rotation have more than played their part, but the lack of quality additions we've been able to make is sorely disappointing considering the circumstances, particularly in the forward areas. I just knew we weren't coming back after we went behind and I'm not sure I'd have felt much different if we'd had Shankland or Forrest or Ginnelly on.