Livingston Soccer Franchise v Heart of Midlothian - Sept 3rd

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Our record against Hearts is absolutely dismal. The first half of Wednesday was horrific, so some form of reaction to that would be a decent starting point. Not expecting much all considered, so 2-0 to the visitors. 

Bar The Game That Shall Not Be Named, you've only scored 3 goals against us since 2012, and 2 of them were in a 3-2 defeat, which is something i have just realised.

All the nil nils at Tynecastle had me thinking we were rubbish against Livvy but our overall record is actually great.

1 nil Livvy.

35 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Bar The Game That Shall Not Be Named, you've only scored 3 goals against us since 2012, and 2 of them were in a 3-2 defeat, which is something i have just realised.

All the nil nils at Tynecastle had me thinking we were rubbish against Livvy but our overall record is actually great.

1 nil Livvy.

We seem to save all our good performances against Celtic and Hibs, any chance your away strip could be green and white to fool Martindale into thinking he was playing against one of them?

Boyce out for Hearts,Anderson still out for Livi.We basically rely on a one man forward line,whereas Hearts have an abundance to choose from.A clean sheet would be regarded as a great result for the Lions although I doubt it.Never know Martindale just might surprise us with his set up,though not holding my breath.🤷‍♂️.

Goal was miles onside for those who haven't seen replays.

Need to take another chance before Hearts bring on the big guns, I don't trust our defence to keep a clean sheet.

Montano and Penrice have been excellent.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

6 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

1 nil Livvy.

Well guessed IAP  🙌

That was an absolute horror show.

We hardly ever lost to non-OF teams last season. That's 2 defeats in a week with no goals scored.

It's not a mystery either. Each line-up we've put out this season has looked significantly worse than our usual starting XI last season - on paper and on the pitch. Part of that is bad luck with injuries, but it's also inadequate recruitment.

OK, the defence will improve when players come back from injury. We still need one more on the right side because we're finding ourselves playing Sibbick there far too often. Both him and Neilson were - entirely unsurprisingly - bullied by Nouble today.

By far the more concerning thing for me is we looked like we could play all day and never score. The only attacking player we were missing was Boyce who can't hit a cow's arse anyway. Humphrys was probably Option Z on our list and it shows. Both he and Grant look like the English lower league journeymen they are so far.

I can't believe these are our attacking options after the European windfall. At this rate we'll really struggle to get a European spot, let alone 3rd.

2 more signings needed at the very least. Probably 3. Preferably this week.