Livingston Soccer Franchise v Heart of Midlothian - Sept 3rd

Interesting game this for Hearts. I didn't expect us to be in third place after five games, but here we are. A point wouldn't be a bad result, all things considered.

Wouldn't usually finance Livingston, but it's a mate's birthday, so I need to go to the game.

Waiting to see what kind of defence Hearts put on the park, as this is a tough place to go under-strength.

Winnable, but getting away with a point would be fine.

ETA: I think this is Hearts' last Saturday 3pm until November. What a world.

Edited by VincentGuerin

If Celtic beat Rangers a win in this game puts us joint 2nd or if they lose it puts us 3 off top, which would show that the start to the season has been overall very good despite the early cup exit. We should have quite a few players back as well. Halkett, Kingsley, Atkinson & Grant should be available which undoubtedly makes us stronger. Hopefully have a few new signings in by then as well.

Very tough game and Livingston will be looking to bounce back from last night's performance themselves, but it's also winnable. I just hope we start at the right tempo and don't try to feel our way into the game, that never goes well for us.

Really all depends which Livi turn up. If the team from the game against rangers turns up then we could be looking at a decent performance, if the team from the motherwell game or the second half v aberdeen or the first half of last night turn up then it'll be Livingston 0 - Hearts whatever they decide to stop at

Fitzwater will be suspended still i take it, so we're prob sticking with Kelly & Obileye CB pairing, i fear what McKay will do to them with his through balls, thankfully Boyce wont be playing though, he's better than Shankland linking up to McKay's passes. 

Just hope to feck we don't continue with Nouble as a No9, and instead we get him back on the wing, would give Guthrie a start too but obv wont last the 90 mins so prob gonna stick with Goncalves starting, and Guthrie coming on as a sub 2nd half. Anyway, the way we're playing the last 3 games, i'm not very confident going into this one, ditch the square pegs in round holes clusterfuck formation and we'll have a chance though.

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Fitzwater will be suspended still i take it, so we're prob sticking with Kelly & Obileye CB pairing, i fear what McKay will do to them with his through balls, thankfully Boyce wont be playing though, he's better than Shankland linking up to McKay's passes. 

Just hope to feck we don't continue with Nouble as a No9, and instead we get him back on the wing, would give Guthrie a start too but obv wont last the 90 mins so prob gonna stick with Goncalves starting, and Guthrie coming on as a sub 2nd half. Anyway, the way we're playing the last 3 games, i'm not very confident going into this one, ditch the square pegs in round holes clusterfuck formation and we'll have a chance though.

Fitzwater's suspension last night was due to his bookings in the group stages of the cup. He hasn't served his league suspension yet. I know Cancar had a bad game against Aberdeen but who didn't? I'd like to see Ayo and Cancar as the CB pairing. I'd also go the other way with Goncalves and Guthrie. Start Guthrie and hope he can ragdoll the defence enough with his physicality and bring Goncalves on later where his lack of fitness would be up against a tired defence...ideally.

George

Devlin Ayo Cancar Montano

Omeonga Pittman Kelly

Bahamboula Guthrie Nouble

Holt has looked off the pace recently but so have a few others. I was torn between dropping Holt or Pitts but Pitts can always cause issues running from deep, especially if Bahamboula and Nouble can draw the CBs wider and create space for him

17 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Fitzwater's suspension last night was due to his bookings in the group stages of the cup. He hasn't served his league suspension yet. I know Cancar had a bad game against Aberdeen but who didn't? I'd like to see Ayo and Cancar as the CB pairing. I'd also go the other way with Goncalves and Guthrie. Start Guthrie and hope he can ragdoll the defence enough with his physicality and bring Goncalves on later where his lack of fitness would be up against a tired defence...ideally.

George

Devlin Ayo Cancar Montano

Omeonga Pittman Kelly

Bahamboula Guthrie Nouble

Holt has looked off the pace recently but so have a few others. I was torn between dropping Holt or Pitts but Pitts can always cause issues running from deep, especially if Bahamboula and Nouble can draw the CBs wider and create space for him

Me too, but i remember the early cup games where Goncalves was started and Anderson brought on later as a sub, and thinking Martindale doesn't usually change from a well used script. Kinda in the same scenario with Guthrie and Goncalves, where you'd rather start the better of the 2 players but get disappointed when it's the other way around.

Also just to throw an idea out there, wouldn't mind seeing Brandon coming on in the 2nd half, prob subbing Bahamboula off (if he starts) and Nouble switching over t the left wing. Anytime i've seen Brandon i've been impressed with him getting down the right wing.

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also just to throw an idea out there, wouldn't mind seeing Brandon coming on in the 2nd half, prob subbing Bahamboula off (if he starts) and Nouble switching over t the left wing. Anytime i've seen Brandon i've been impressed with him getting down the right wing.

I had written the exact same thing but thought I was just rambling in my post

1 hour ago, Menga Bus said:

I’m not sure how fit Boyes is considering he hasn’t played in 3 months, but I think he has to be played over Kelly and Cancar

Think the reserve league kicks off on Tuesday so, if he doesn't play v Hearts, the amount of time he gets there will be a good indication.

Kiltie would be a decent signing if we get it over the line - Mullin out on loan would make more sense then.

54 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think the reserve league kicks off on Tuesday so, if he doesn't play v Hearts, the amount of time he gets there will be a good indication.

Kiltie would be a decent signing if we get it over the line - Mullin out on loan would make more sense then.

Said the same in another forum, would make putting Mullin out on loan more palatable.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Said the same in another forum, would make putting Mullin out on loan more palatable.

I don't get the mega love in for Mullin. He's got a fantastic delivery but his application during games can be questionable. More often than not, in his second spell, he went missing in games. If special teams was a thing in football then I'd be all for him staying to bring him on for set pieces. I reckon his level is the championship where, unsurprisingly, he played his best football for us

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't get the mega love in for Mullin. He's got a fantastic delivery but his application during games can be questionable. More often than not, in his second spell, he went missing in games. If special teams was a thing in football then I'd be all for him staying to bring him on for set pieces. I reckon his level is the championship where, unsurprisingly, he played his best football for us

Yeah but who knows he's not had the chance really, he can score a goal though, which sways me, scored 3 in a friendly then a goal against Albion Rovers in a cup game, then got dropped. Thought he linked well with Goncalves in that game too, and wouldn't have minded seeing him alongside Nouble, at the very least he'd take a shot at goals. Anyways it aint happening now, he's seeing out his contract at Ayr.

14 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I was thinking that - unless there's been a rule change and games are now 180 minutes long.

There's always the Willie Collum factor right enough, might red card 4 Hearts players and give us 6 penalties, we'd surely score at least 2 of them, and another 2 from open play against 7 men.

Would give us all our overdue things always evening themselves out all in the one game.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER