Motherwell FC v Dundee United FC 3/9/22

Uhm. Unless Well had a world class performance that I didn't see in the 1st half then there wasn't much to say they should have won it in the second. 

I wouldn't say United were amazing 2nd half but seemed to have far more intent. 

So a point would seem fair to me. 

25 minutes ago, welldaft said:

This thread started with someone saying it would not descend into anarchy and insults. 

Well that lasted until FT today. Whereupon a few United fans above have tried quite frankly pathetic attempts at trolling. 

I am disappointed we did not stick 4 past that overpaid mob. The sooner they go bust the better and judging by their wages to t/o ratio and payoffs to failed Managers we won’t have to wait very long. 

Enjoyed the Well performance 1st half. At points you thought there was only one team on the pitch. 

I am off for a glass of red wine 🖕🖕

7e62d9624b18fb3304f2be92017a1fd2.gif

21 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Motherwell have had a good start to the season and i think they will finish top 6 but what a fuckin state their supporters are in after the result today 🤣

We are in no state at all. We know we battered a team with a wage budget 3-4 times ours.

If anyone should b embarrassed it should b United. Judging by the reaction of the United fans they know they are gash and are trying to troll their way out of acknowledging the truth. The light will soon dawn on them. Remind me who has yet to win in the top flight this season. Totally forgot who it is……

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Motherwell have had a good start to the season and i think they will finish top 6 but what a fuckin state their supporters are in after the result today 🤣

You do realise that we are this season's original crisis club and the fans are still basking in the glory every week of seeing us string 2 passes together and having a couple of shots on target regardless of the result. 

All on a budget a fraction of whoever this week's managers budget is . 

KVV, I really like and has been the difference that has meant a win for us in some games..but.. he maybe was given a bit of leeway in other games due to the piss poor service he was receiving. With the way that Hammell and his team have us playing with him being the main target man and the amount of quality deliveries and chances being given to him, especially today. It was criminal that he didn't manage to at least take a couple of them. He really should be doing much, much better. Something he will be aware of more than anyone. But we're not, yet, a team they can pass all of these up without it biting us in the arse as could so easily have happened today.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

We are in no state at all. We know we battered a team with a wage budget 3-4 times ours.

If anyone should b embarrassed it should b United. Judging by the reaction of the United fans they know they are gash and are trying to troll their way out of acknowledging the truth. The light will soon dawn on them. Remind me who has yet to win in the top flight this season. Totally forgot who it is……

Exhibit 1

19 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

You do realise that we are this season's original crisis club and the fans are still basking in the glory every week of seeing us string 2 passes together and having a couple of shots on target regardless of the result. 

All on a budget a fraction of whoever this week's managers budget is . 

Exhibit 2

Tbh that was low quality bait dished out in between episodes of 'The Boys'. 

Looking back theres quite a comparison between 'The Boys' and United.  Both are compulsive viewing but border on the horrific

6 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Tbh that was low quality bait dished out in between episodes of 'The Boys'. 

Looking back theres quite a comparison between 'The Boys' and United.  Both are compulsive viewing but border on the horrific

Charlie Mulgrew is definitely Homelander

One thing I thought was noticeable today (away from the expected pantomime stuff) was how low energy Tony Watt was, when all Motherwell supporters were expecting the opposite.

In his first full season with us, he scored f**k-all but we loved him because he was bursting his arse every week and dragging us through games when we were up against it - he was player of the year for a lot of us despite a poor goal scoring season, which isn't often a thing a striker would get away with. Last season, he was still doing that (there were times where he was literally exhausting himself) and had his purple patch of goal scoring which got him his move.

Today he was lethargic and ineffective - even his dives were half-arsed. Looked like he was going through the motions and nothing more....

We were rancid in the first half, improved but still well below where we need to be in the 2nd. Minter for Motherwell not beating us, a team that even St Mirren put three past.

That referee was a little arsehole btw. Why do most of our referees look like gremlin human crossbreeding experiments?

11 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

We were rancid in the first half, improved but still well below where we need to be in the 2nd. Minter for Motherwell not beating us, a team that even St Mirren put three past.

That referee was a little arsehole btw. Why do most of our referees look like gremlin human crossbreeding experiments?

Was genuinely expecting a lot more regardless of whatever 'turmoils' have been going on . Rate Levitt as a player plus Fletcher is genuine class , but nothing whatsoever threatening was created.  

Annoying that this was the game that you decided to put a keeper in that wasn't armed with poppadom gloves. 

Agree with your view on refs tho I thought this was one of the best ones we've had in recent months minus the fact he seemed to have swallowed a fair amount of Fletcher/Watt jizz throughout.