Motherwell FC v Dundee United FC 3/9/22

Lots of 'Well fans happy with a 0-0 versus a team at the lowest of ebbs and apparently shite. Maybe that day where all your shots on goal will go in will be coming soon*.

* It won't be a day where Van Veen is playing though.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

35 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

A decent away point at a Motherwell side who have been going well. Nice to get a clean sheet, and for our keeper to have been decisive in a positive way for once. Should restore a bit of confidence. 

I’m a bit puzzled though, because Motherwell started as favourites, which their fans on here insisted actually made us favourites, but going by that logic if they became underdogs that surely made them favourites again, which actually made us favourites, which actually… etc 

So maybe a draw was the inevitable outcome??? 🤔 🤷‍♂️ 

The only inevitable outcome here was 3-0 United, Watt hat-trick, so to have avoided that proves there's definite change in the air at Motherwell. 

20 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

As comfortable a point as we will get all season. The Motherwell fans salty tears just make it even better imo

I know that’s the type of thing that gets posted after games but does it apply here? 

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Lots of 'Well fans happy with a 0-0 versus a team at the lowest of ebbs and apparently shite. Maybe that day where all your shots on goal will go in will be coming soon.

When you have watched 3 years of turgid shite any small rays of positivity are very welcome!

1 hour ago, Desp said:

There's obvious frustration after that but at the same time, I'm really pleased with things. For the first 45 minutes, that's the best Motherwell performance I've witnessed in a long, long time. 

That's it for me - I really enjoyed that today but the ball just wouldn't go in - Utd defended quite well too to be fair...

Annoyed with van Veen today thought he was poor and at very, very least should have had one goal. Moult must be sat there thinking he would’ve had a hatrick. Minor consolation Tony Watt didn’t score, thought the United keeper put in a solid shift as well fair play to him. 

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Lots of 'Well fans happy with a 0-0 versus a team at the lowest of ebbs and apparently shite. Maybe that day where all your shots on goal will go in will be coming soon*.

* It won't be a day where Van Veen is playing though.

So far we have lost to Kilmarnock and St Johnstone two teams who were also doing shite and in the bottom 2 when we played them.

So not getting beat this time, it being a decent performance with the match being more entertaining than any of Alexanders wins, no watt goal and another needed clean sheet are all positives from the game 

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

We got fucking battered by St Mirren as well

That kind of result isn't really abnormal throughout the course of a a season though, always the odd doing from another diddy mob.

I only caught the end of the Celtic game last week so haven't really seen anything of United so I guess I was just a bit surprised at how one dimensional they were after all the buzz about them and their signings in the summer.  Take that Levitt for example, all I remember him doing all game was balloon two free kick crosses right into touch….

55 minutes ago, Mdiap said:

Kevin van Veen is garbage. I thought he was meant to be good?

Better than the left winger your giving 4 grand a week too. Much you in debt? 9 million?

This thread started with someone saying it would not descend into anarchy and insults. 

Well that lasted until FT today. Whereupon a few United fans above have tried quite frankly pathetic attempts at trolling. 

I am disappointed we did not stick 4 past that overpaid mob. The sooner they go bust the better and judging by their wages to t/o ratio and payoffs to failed Managers we won’t have to wait very long. 

Enjoyed the Well performance 1st half. At points you thought there was only one team on the pitch. 

I am off for a glass of red wine 🖕🖕