Motherwell FC v Dundee United FC 3/9/22

Ht. Completely dominated the half. Other than a few mistakes fron ourselves we have managed to contain United to some danger less shots.

The penalty I didn't think was one and it was a bit tame. Not terrible but it was a bit obvious where van veen was aiming. Good save none the less. Couldn't see his header but it was apparently a good chance missed? His shot thumping the bar at the very end was also a good chance.

Need to come out in the second d half and continue this. And to take atleast one of these chances.

United don't look to have much with Watt. Knowing our luck he's going to score the winner but he was very limited the first half.

All in all only slightly dissapointing that we aren't 1-0 up. Also enjoyed the type of football on display right now. Not something I would have said in yhe past 18 months.

Can't believe we haven't won that, but night and day in terms of performance. Could have been 3/4/5. 

Very sloppy in the last 15.

Tierney good again, 

Happy with the chances created and the clean sheet, and the overall performance. We look dangerous and in control, couldn't be said a month ago.

Frustrating result.   And a personal frustration as I pissed the wife off to hustle us back home in time to watch the match on t'internet, and couldn't get the stream to work properly.  So had to listen to the commentary instead - but missed all the good stuff early in the match.

And the big rocket launch got canned too.

Bah humbug.

Still, I am quite glad I lost the couple of quid I put on TW scoring.

Just now, Neil86 said:

Can't believe we haven't won that, but night and day in terms of performance. Could have been 3/4/5. 

Very sloppy in the last 15.

Tierney good again, 

Happy with the chances created and the clean sheet, and the overall performance. We look dangerous and in control, couldn't be said a month ago.

Tierney was brilliant in the first half and hardly kicked a ball in the second. Fair play to Fox, he clearly tweaked whatever to have us under much more pressure and it meant rather than a dicking it was basically 50-50 as we were forced to go long so much more.

We obviously should have won but I'm not too wound up we didn't as throwing away a point - like v St Johnstone - seemed distinctly possible as we threw on the subs to chase things. At this stage of the season you can still take a lot from performances rather than only caring about the result and on the evidence of that we'll be absolutely fine.