Motherwell FC v Dundee United FC 3/9/22

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

As I said, it was painful, but explainable and to be expected. 

I’ve seen us lose 7-0, 7-1, 6-0, 6-1 etc to the Old Firm over the years. If they click from time to time these results will happen. Not nice, but boring compared to the 7-2 v Aberdeen, 5-1 v Dundee, 5-0 v Livi, 6-0 v Hearts, 6-1 v ***, 5-0 v Accies etc 

Getting thumped by your peer group, or historically lesser team, at home, is more of an eyebrow raiser for me. 

Anything up to 6 from the OF is passable (just), anything above 7 starts to bring a smile to opposing fans' faces IMO. 

If it had been 6-0 to the Saints I'd have seen where you were coming from but not 3-0. 

Still pissed myself laughing at it though!

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Anything up to 6 from the OF is passable (just), anything above 7 starts to bring a smile to opposing fans' faces IMO. 

If it had been 6-0 to the Saints I'd have seen where you were coming from but not 3-0. 

Still pissed myself laughing at it though!

Aye, I know what you mean. 

We've taken so many embarrassing doings from the OF in recent years that I didn't find the 9-0 that funny - there have been a couple of those that could easily have been double figure jobs had they been as clinical in front of goal as Celtic were against Utd.

After the transfer window fun of the last couple of days (and it has been genuinely funny throughout with heeds gone all over the place) - the most important thing for the game today is to start well and use the buzz (and I assume a larger than normal support) that's come out of it all.

No matter if some Utd players were at it to get Ross sacked - a defence that has shipped a ridiculously high number of goals in such a short period of time is unlikely to be bursting with confidence - so it's up to us to test that out and try to get in front early.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Working today, so gutted to be missing this. Unsure if Moult will play any part on the field but his unveiling will give the place a lift and a bit of energy that the team will feed off. Add this to the continuing feel good factor since Hammell's appointment, allied with the confidence boost of the performance vs Inverness on Wednesday night....... Motherwell 0 - 1 Dundee Utd.

I can’t uptick this but it’s 100% happening, isn’t it?

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's literally no way we're winning this btw- feelgood factor, returning hero, opposition managerless. If Hammell does get 3 points he's clearly repurposed his dark magic capabilities. 

100%

This is an absolute stick on United win. They're 3/1 and we're favourites there's clearly no other outcome than them winning and Tony Watt scoring tbh.

Motherwell fans seem very pessimistic: I suppose that comes with the territory of being one of the ten 'other' clubs in the top league. 

This fixture is part of a sequence of games for United stretching from the start of the season where, replacing Dundee for Killie, we gained precisely 1 point from the nine reciprocal games last season. Going by that it'll take to October 8th, the tenth fixture, to get the next points.

How's that for pessimism?

53 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Motherwell fans seem very pessimistic: I suppose that comes with the territory of being one of the ten 'other' clubs in the top league. 

This fixture is part of a sequence of games for United stretching from the start of the season where, replacing Dundee for Killie, we gained precisely 1 point from the nine reciprocal games last season. Going by that it'll take to October 8th, the tenth fixture, to get the next points.

How's that for pessimism?

I think you're probably reading that in a complete 180 to be fair. For various reasons we're all massively optimistic at the moment....and I think we're just consciously trying to bring ourselves back down to earth a wee bit because more often than not, massive optimism ends up making you look like a bit of a tit 🤣

I expect we will probably lose this game because I actually think we could win 4 or 5 nil.

Edited by Al B

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

Its the return of the one true king and the return of the one true fanny. 

Genuinely can't wait for this game. 

The biggest insult we could manage to Watt's ego would be to totally ignore him and sing about Van Veen and Moult all day - but I fear that we don't have the self discipline (or I don't at least) :)