Motherwell FC v Dundee United FC 3/9/22

Can we make it two in a row?  Can we avoid a heavy defeat?  Motherwell have nine eight plus one times as many points as we do so far.

On a side note I always like our threads against Motherwell, their supporters on P&B are a decent bunch with banter that doesn’t deteriorate into nastiness.

Forgive me for still being in "absolutely over the top, exaggerated unrealistic expectation" mode after watching what we served up last night, but I can see your 9-0 being topped here.

Either that or a Tony Watt hat-trick and we'll look like we don't know what we're doing.

Is his goal against us at Tannadice still Watt's only goal for Utd? Absolute stick-on for Saturday obviously.

Despite last night's win, Utd are still in a difficult place, so it's important to get out the blocks quickly on Saturday just as we did last night. We won't get away with such an open midfield on Saturday, so despite how good he was last night, I could see Tierney being back on the bench (which would be a shame honestly).

I wonder if Mckinstry is ready to start - it was weird seeing one of our academy graduates make his debut at the normal age, except with EPL conditioning. The little we saw of him was pretty impressive - I'd be up for giving him an hour of getting at Utd's fullbacks from the start.

I was fully intending to predict an annoying loss here with Watt winding up the East Stand but I'm in a good mood after last night, so f**k it - convincing home win :)

27 minutes ago, Al B said:

Forgive me for still being in "absolutely over the top, exaggerated unrealistic expectation" mode after watching what we served up last night, but I can see your 9-0 being topped here.

Either that or a Tony Watt hat-trick and we'll look like we don't know what we're doing.

Absolutely nothing in between 😂.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Can we make it two in a row?  Can we avoid a heavy defeat?  Motherwell have nine eight plus one times as many points as we do so far.

On a side note I always like our threads against Motherwell, their supporters on P&B are a decent bunch with banter that doesn’t deteriorate into nastiness.

United have brought some good crowds over the years, what's the mood with this one? Folk still scunnered and think the players are all c***s or is there a wee buzz now that Ross has gone? 

Im really looking forward to this one, and there's definitely a bit of a buzz around the team. Especially after last night which most have said is the most enjoyable performance in years. Would be great to see a healthy home and away support. 

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Does the Fir Park Social Club let

1) non members in

2) away fans in

3) kids in

Quite fancy nipping in here pre-match.  Not been for years. Take it does food too?

Closed down years ago

5 hours ago, Al B said:

I heard that the entire reason for the summer remodelling of Fir Park was to make sure Tony Watt can’t reach the top of the East Stand wall after he scores on Saturday.

51 minutes ago, ropy said:

I heard that the entire reason for the summer remodelling of Fir Park was to make sure Tony Watt can’t reach the top of the East Stand wall after he scores on Saturday.

The whole wall was tainted with his betrayal. It had to go.

Will be a tough one this.  Three points would be very welcome, however, and would create a nice little gap between ourselves and Utd, even at this early stage in the season.

1-0 Motherwell.  Louis Moult to come off the bench and net a late, late winner...

21 hours ago, Steven W said:

Does the Fir Park Social Club let

1) non members in

2) away fans in

3) kids in

Quite fancy nipping in here pre-match.  Not been for years. Take it does food too?

As Busta alluded to, the Fir Park Social Club is no more, and hasn't been for a number of years now.  It's a pub called Club 100, but I'm 99% sure it's home fans only on a matchday.  

I'm sure if you weren't wearing Utd colours then you'd get in for a pint no bother.  Unsure if they let kids in though.  Not been in a good while.

Can Motherwell fans recall, a few seasons ago, they were part of a group of clubs (or supports) who put forward the idea of "away season tickets". Think there were about half a dozen clubs involved in what appeared to be a good idea: or is this something I've imagined?

These days, with Twenty's Plenty campaigns and challenging financial times, it might be the time to think again about an innovation like this. Perhaps supporters' clubs could buy in batches, over and above individual fans purchasing.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Did Watt used to throw himself to the ground for no reason when he played for Motherwell?

Relentlessly. We obviously all turned a blind eye to it as he was sum boi and it wound up Hearts and Aberdeen.

He'll be getting called all the diving bastarts under the sun tomorrow obviously, as that's what he is.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Relentlessly. We obviously all turned a blind eye to it as he was sum boi and it wound up Hearts and Aberdeen.

He'll be getting called all the diving bastarts under the sun tomorrow obviously, as that's what he is.

He’ll probably trip over Slattery who will be on the ground before him.

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

He’ll probably trip over Slattery who will be on the ground before him.

100% this but Slattery's dives are more subtle IMO. Watt's on the other hand are more histrionic and will quite rightly take pelters for it tomorrow.

Should be a decent game this but not looking forward to Watt inevitably doubling his total goal tally for United.