Airdrie v FC Edinburgh

That was murder. Really naive to think you can play 3 (sometimes more) up front when you’re down to 10 men. 2 at the back in the 3nd half too. Justin Devenny isn’t a full back. Add to that too many players having a bad day at the same time. Fordyce was terrible today. Here’s hoping he learns from that. Stupid sending off too. Would’ve been better letting the goal in. 

Genuinely gobsmacked and the slagging is definitely deserved. Justin Devenney at left back when we have two left backs available. Even with 11 men Edinburgh first to every second ball and we deserved to get royally pumped.

Tactically naive from McCabe, the game was over at 2. You cant have 3 upfront and play with 10 men regardless of the opposition. Too many players missing today. Massively disappointing especially since we started the season off well. Unacceptable to lose to any opposition 6-0 never mind at home. Left after goal 4 so fair play to anyone that stuck around.

6 minutes ago, 2lgm said:

That was murder. Really naive to think you can play 3 (sometimes more) up front when you’re down to 10 men. 2 at the back in the 3nd half too. Justin Devenny isn’t a full back. Add to that too many players having a bad day at the same time. Fordyce was terrible today. Here’s hoping he learns from that. Stupid sending off too. Would’ve been better letting the goal in. 

It was going by the post!

Embarrassing result in the end and tactically very naive from McCabe thinking we could continue to play our high risk football with ten men. Hopefully he learns from this.

That being said, I can’t help but feel we’ve been done by the referee here. That was never a red card in a million years. Even if it did hit his hand (which I’m not convinced it did) the ball was going miles wide so couldn’t have stopped a goal! Sickener.

Hopefully we appeal the decision and Ballantyne is back available next week at Montrose.

Whether we had lost 1-0 or 10-0 today it’s still zero points. Take it on the chin and move on.

Reluctant to criticise any individuals too much but I feel Wiley is just too slow and ponderous on the ball. Really doesn’t suit our style of play.

Starting line-up and formation totally baffled me even before the game started. Devenney at left back - why? Wylie gets a start in centre mid - why? Only proven goalscorer on the bench - why? Then, as mentioned by others, continuing to play 3 up front with 10 men just seems completely unrealistic.

So many players off it today.

Hopefully a wake up call.

7 minutes ago, Spring Cup Winners said:

Starting line-up and formation totally baffled me even before the game started. Devenney at left back - why? Wylie gets a start in centre mid - why? Only proven goalscorer on the bench - why? Then, as mentioned by others, continuing to play 3 up front with 10 men just seems completely unrealistic.

So many players off it today.

Hopefully a wake up call.

Probably because Euan Deveney is not up to it although fair to say it didn't work!

4 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Some fans shouting “this is why I stopped coming” was a bit off the mark after one loss in the last twenty odds.

By the same token I can’t believe folk were standing clapping players off the pitch after that showing.

Agreed. It's just one game. But it's a damaging one. Showed up some real weaknesses and worryingly, the main one is tactics. Poor set up today. Losing a man had an impact but its like we decided to make the worst of it as much as possible. We totally screwed ourselves over. Never seen anything like that capitulation. Mental.