Airdrie v FC Edinburgh

Thursday morning and no topic about Saturday's game yet so thought I'd start one. 

Should be looking to get back on the victory trail here and make our home ground a fortress. Be interesting to see if McCabe starts the same line up as against Dunfermline of if he switches it about a bit. I.e. Does Jamieson retain his place after being subbed in the 44th minute last week? He's a talented lad for sure, but clearly Rhys was none too impressed with him last week so might find him starting on the bench with Gall starting. He is our top scorer after all so that would make sense. Either way, I hope we see a positive response from him when whatever his involvement may be. 

Need to be more clinical than we were when we met in the league Cup group stage at the start of the season, but think we proven that we can be. 

Hoping big Sal continues to get game time as well. A good 30 mins at least would be good to see. 

Edinburgh are clearly no mugs and have picked up a couple of decent wins so far so don't think we will underestimate them at all.

Expecting a tricky game, but as I said at the start, if we've any title aspirations, we should be looking to win our home games. 

How's are the FC Edinburgh fans feeling about this one?

Yeah on paper should be a win for us but Edinburgh started the season better than I expected so think it'll be a pretty tight game, we've won our first 2 home games pretty comfy so got to be confident. I'd like to see Jamieson start again and just put it down to one bad afternoon, depends how his reaction has been in training. 

Haven’t actually seen FC Meadowbank Running Track City in the flesh since they came into the league - missed the cup clashes because of work. Hopefully we can gain some revenge for said clashes as they very much are a bogey team at the minute.

1-0 Airdrie with the visitors struggling to play on the new pitch a bit more than we will.

I think we're overdue a doing from Airdrie after the last 3 cup games.   Along with Dunfermline and Falkirk they're looking like being top 3 all season, we got pumped 3-0 at home from the other two so it's going to be a tough one.  It'd be nice to sneak a 0-1 to continue as the bogey team though.

Feel like we owe Edinburgh one, given the other three games, especially the most recent one, but they've had a few decent results. Don't expect a lot of teams going to the recs will score 4. We'll need to watch the counter attacks and be far more clinical, but we are obviously sharper than we were in that cup game. 

I don't think their defence will be quite so slapdash as they were in that game either, though, when but for poor finishing it would have been a rout, so could be tighter as a contest. Be a frustrating start to September after such a great August, if we weren't to win this one. Play to our capacity and we will. 

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

We really need some signings. Too reliant on a small pool of players

Hopefully a wake up call, can accept a defeat when we play majority of the game with 10 men, but 5-0 at home is an embarrassment am sorry.

1 minute ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Exactly like the 5-0 defeat to Stenny in 2016 when Danny Bo got sent off in the first half. 

I was just thinking at least Stenny was usually late goals but right enough, that one was dreadful. The way McCabe likes to play does leave you open to a pumping like this if the players have an off day but so many goals have came from players standing off Edinburgh players, even the penalty came from Robertson being given loads of time and space in the box.