Aberdeen🔴⚪️ vs Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡

jagfox

47 years (I think) since we last made the semis in this competition, can think of a few stinking QF defeats including 3 on penalties, in fact I think I'm still undergoing therapy for the shootout at parkhead in 2002 where we had 3 kicks to put celtic out and missed all 3. 

Don't really recall McCall being on the good side of an upset with us, so hopefully he's due one. 

Aberdeen should of course win but so far this season I'd give us a chance of staying in the game against any team in Scotland apart from the arse cheeks. This view may well have aged like milk by the time the game comes around... 

Edited by Fuctifano

Little annoyed purely because we iirc got aberdeen in cup draws at least a couple of times while we were last in the top tier, can mind us going down by the odd goal in every single one. Considine scored against us in one im sure i saw at firhill (from a corner, eep) and we lost 1-0 away on a televised one where we didnt lay a glove on the dons over 90 mins (apart from a late abdul osman header from about 6 yards out that soared over the bar.)

Different teams and managers these days at least, always felt like we were in for dead stuffy games in the mcinnes era.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

• 1 month later...

That QF record in LC/ SC since 1980. Admittedly we were large underdogs in most of these but we certainly don't love creating an upset.

Assume Aberdeen are streaming this as it's the only game not on TV and all the group stage matches were streamed?

image.png

42 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

That QF record in LC/ SC since 1980. Admittedly we were large underdogs in most of these but we certainly don't love creating an upset.

Assume Aberdeen are streaming this as it's the only game not on TV and all the group stage matches were streamed?

image.png

Was unsure, but now I've seen that, feeling pretty confident. 

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Unless I’m reading their website wrong, it’s only live audio coverage they’re offering. 

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this diddy cup fixture.

I'm not overly optimistic but we are at home so we might not f**k it up. If we were away, I'd be pretty worried.

Not sure why not. 
was plenty interest in the earlier rounds with sold out away supports.

Big game, it’s a chance to win something. Favourable draw in the next round, hopefully get to the final and then who knows. 

I find it hard to get massively excited about cup games at this stage when both the OF are still hanging around 

Too many hampden capitulations over the years against sellick

When we won it in season 13/14, the rangers and Celtic were both gone by the QF stage, that was exciting as the trophy was anyones

That said, I’m heading along tonight and looking forward to it 

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

In the Main Stand tonight up from the away dugout, so may hear McCall spouting his pish at the fourth official. 

Keep us posted, might be more interesting than the match.

Obviously a potential banana skin for us here. 

Haven't seen Thistle play this season. Expecting them to be stuffy despite Jim's comments about their attacking set up. 

Hopefully the back 5 gets ditched. I'd like to see a front three with Duk on the left and Besuijen or Watkins on the right. But what do i know. 

Lack of ppv is disappointing. 

46 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm a bit worried about this one.

We'll either suffer a humiliating defeat, or cruise home.

The former hopefully. 

Would obviously be great to get to the semi final, but I just don't see that happening and Queens Park seems like a more important game for us right now.