StJ v StM 3/8/22

Try not to post these days so ill put this in spoilers, folk who just take all my posts the wrong way without an account can then just skip past it without problem.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Alan-Main-e1413454758305.jpg.e79f8eb0e1b45f5908a9a0794a89eab1.jpg

Main was a shit keeper, there may be a situation where he flapped at goals to let them win but that wasn't a rare occurrence for him. Ultimately we were relegated due to two main reasons. The ability of teams to buy outside of the (then, not envisioned) transfer window and our own poor play over the season.

The first thing we could do nothing about, United had the spending power, we didn't. As for the second, we only won 6 games that season (out of 38) and easily had the worst goal difference. No point in trying to blame anyone else, it was our fault. Just like it was St Johnstone's fault they got relegated the next season.

St Mirren fans blaming Main for our failure, is a bit like Hearts fans blaming us for them losing the title in 1986.

Now after that sort of sensible chat, I hope the farmers have managed to harvest the tatties from their field before we turn up.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Try not to post these days so ill put this in spoilers, folk who just take all my posts the wrong way without an account can then just skip past it without problem.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Alan-Main-e1413454758305.jpg.e79f8eb0e1b45f5908a9a0794a89eab1.jpg

Image result for Funny Fail GIFs

20 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Gogic probably won't be fit enough to start yet, even at that who does he dislodge from midfield? You're probably correct, don't think Robinson will change any of the back 3 either.

Will be interesting to see what we do here. We are set up to let teams dictate possession and hit hard on the counter. Not sure if we'll come to dominate the ball, our midfield 3 are working so well together now, keep your eye out for Baccus. Way too good for us.

You're probably correct that Gogic won't start today but he's an experienced footballer who'd have been looking for a club so he shouldn't have been that far away from peak fitness.

On the assumption that he'll never get a start as long as we keep winning I hope he never does. 

Edit - Forgetting about Mark Yardley, he must've spent every close close season sitting on the couch and eating 10 pies a day. 

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, btb said:

You're probably correct that Gogic won't start today but he's an experienced footballer who'd have been looking for a club so he shouldn't have been that far away from peak fitness.

On the assumption that he'll never get a start as long as we keep winning I hope he never does. 

Edit - Forgetting about Mark Yardley, he must've spent every close close season sitting on the couch and eating 10 pies a day. 

More to do with match fitness than general fitness. The only way he'll get that is through minutes so it's a catch 22. Same with Brophy, he looked much sharper when he came on against Hibs but he'll have to bide his time until Main and Ayunga hit a poor patch.

Robinson would be brave to change a winning formula just now. I think youl see Gogic come off the bench with 20 odd minutes to go, maybe earlier if things in midfield aren't ticking. 

Would it not be brilliant if he went with

Matthews

Wright Mitchell Considine Montgomery

McGowan

Phillips Ballantyne 

Carey Clark Murphy

McGowan is likely to feature in midfield I think, it keeps Carey out of the middle of the park and therefore from getting caught out defensively. 

The 3 in midfield hopefully allows the team to gain a better foothold and also protects Ballantyne a bit as well. 

Makes so much sense to me!!

32 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Would it not be brilliant if he went with

No, it would not.

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

McGowan is likely to feature in midfield I think

I agree with this. He tried it for a bit and it seemed to work. Therefore, he will try it again until it doesn't work, at which point expect to see McGowan immediately benched and the punted out on loan to Elgin City at the first available window. That's his modus operandi. 

You can tell it's a St Mirren match thread when it's just pages of 'you've chosen to ignore'. 

Was really wanting to get to this today but my sensible head has taken control.

I'm away to America in 3 weeks and the pound tickling the taint of the $1.10 mark has made me decide that I'm better off not doing so. 

Still, I'll stick to my original prediction. In and out with a decent point from a ground that has really not been kind to us through the years. Try and do same next week at Tynecastle against an overworked Hearts side too.