StJ v StM 3/8/22

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, guaranteed to be ‘the battle of the Saints’.  Sportscene will be a shoo-in. Or is it shoe-in? Never thought much about how you type it, but I digress… as Sportscene finally reaches our game, and behind big handsome Thommo the two club logos appear, the intro will be… ‘and now to McDiarmid Park for the battle of the Saints. St Mirren went into this one on a good run of form, while the home side looked to bounce back from…. Let’s see how it went…Commentary from Cunty McCuntface….’

Bookmark this. Stick a tenner on with your online bookie. No, make it twenty.

I think Cunty is doing the Motherwell game. 

We've not added to our squad in the last week, but St Johnstone have. FWIW I think Clark is actually a decent addition, not outstanding but knows the league and can score goals at this level. I would presume he goes straight in the squad for Saturday's game.

For us, it'll be interesting to see if Shaughnessy gets a game. He's been a great servant and you know he'll give 100%, but on the flip side I don't see Robinson changing a winning side. If he does keep it as it is, then that would mean Gogic not starting either.

I feel we have too much for the farmers, but I've said that before and we've still managed to orchestrate a loss.

So from his 34 contracted first team players, is Callum Davidson going to select Crawford, Carey or McGowan to partner card-a-game Phillips in central midfield tomorrow?

St Johnstone will have 40% possession, less than a dozen touches in the St Mirren box and efforts on goal will be speculative and irregular.

Callum Davidson will see plenty of positives.

23 minutes ago, Radford said:

So from his 34 contracted first team players, is Callum Davidson going to select Crawford, Carey or McGowan to partner card-a-game Phillips in central midfield tomorrow?

St Johnstone will have 40% possession, less than a dozen touches in the St Mirren box and efforts on goal will be speculative and irregular.

You never know. Maybe we’ll play centre back Ryan McGowan, Cammy Ballantyne or Max Kucheravyi who have never started a game in the top flight and who either look well short or not ready. EXCITING. 

4 hours ago, Ric said:

We've not added to our squad in the last week, but St Johnstone have. FWIW I think Clark is actually a decent addition, not outstanding but knows the league and can score goals at this level. I would presume he goes straight in the squad for Saturday's game.

For us, it'll be interesting to see if Shaughnessy gets a game. He's been a great servant and you know he'll give 100%, but on the flip side I don't see Robinson changing a winning side. If he does keep it as it is, then that would mean Gogic not starting either.

I feel we have too much for the farmers, but I've said that before and we've still managed to orchestrate a loss.

Gogic probably won't be fit enough to start yet, even at that who does he dislodge from midfield? You're probably correct, don't think Robinson will change any of the back 3 either.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Will be interesting to see what we do here. We are set up to let teams dictate possession and hit hard on the counter. Not sure if we'll come to dominate the ball, our midfield 3 are working so well together now, keep your eye out for Baccus. Way too good for us.

27 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

We're only going to have 37%. Will be interesting to see what happens to the remaining 23%, IMO.

The first game in history where there's so many loose passes the ball was out of possession more than in possession for either team. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Imagine being that happy in a John Deere 1750V.

Definitely not from glorious Perthshire.

Well obviously.  If you look closely you can see that they each only have five fingers on each hand.

Christ knows, at the time, we deserved a slagging for the way our club handled the hiring of the stadium to Celtic. Not the hiring itself, but their usual blundering ignorance surrounding the optics. 

For someone still to be banging on about it on a forum is, well, ach, someone give the fella’ his Horlicks and tuck him in for the night. 😊