StJ v StM 3/8/22

Saints to defend well, but probably won’t leave their own half, definitely won’t have a single shot on target. Callum to be pleased with the performance.

Copy and paste for next week. 

1-0 away win. 

Any chance of St Johnstone actually coming at us? We appear to play better against teams that try to beat us. We were poor in the cup games, we struggled to beat a 10-man Motherwell, and were taken apart when down to 10 men ourselves against Aberdeen. We relinquish possession, hit fast & direct on the break, and broadly speaking it's been good to watch.

However, I suspect even Davidson will be able to see this and will set out quite defensively, resulting in our traditional 0-0.

Edited by Coventry Saint

A struggling team playing a St Mirren side who are in decent form. Yeah, only one way this one is ending...

Oh look, they've signed a new striker too. Smashing.

Edited by Stu

50 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Any chance of St Johnstone actually coming at us? We appear to play better against teams that try to beat us. We were poor in the cup games, we struggled to beat a 10-man Motherwell, and were taken apart when down to 10 men ourselves against Aberdeen. We relinquish possession, hit fast & direct on the break, and broadly speaking it's been good to watch.

However, I suspect even Davidson will be able to see this and will set out quite defensively, resulting in our traditional 0-0

No chance. 

Think I said as much on the Saintees thread at the weekend, I'd happily cut and run with a point here.

10 points from first 6 games of the season would be a bloody good start. We're already on our best top flight start after 5 games since before we won the Scottish cup, so 12 from first 6 is into unthinkable territory which is why I just can't bring myself to believe it will happen.

If any club is going to prolong this agony for us it'll be this mob. They'll probably lose deliberately just so we are stuck with Davidson.

"The more people try to tell me something is wrong, the more stubborn I become in trying to prove them wrong."

Edited by Radford

Sigh .... it's pretty depressing trying to imagine what might pop up on twitter at around 2pm this Saturday. 

Remi

Wright  McGowan Mitchell Andi Monti

Hallberg Phillips

Cari Nicki Murphi

Hallberg might be ineligible, unless I've misunderstood the concussion rules (or if it's not deemed concussion?), so I guess there's a chance he puts McGowan into midfield again as per the Hearts game, where to be fair he didn't do too badly. In which case Gordon's back in or alternatively he might put Brown in I suppose. Shuffle shuffle go the deckchairs. 

0-2, both that Bacchus chap

Phillips to commit a foul so disgraceful Sportscene is screened after the watershed and given a 'scenes may upset some viewers' warning.

At least one BBC spanner to use the phrase 'Saints derby'. 

5 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

At least one BBC spanner to use the phrase 'Saints derby'. 

Nah, guaranteed to be ‘the battle of the Saints’.  Sportscene will be a shoo-in. Or is it shoe-in? Never thought much about how you type it, but I digress… as Sportscene finally reaches our game, and behind big handsome Thommo the two club logos appear, the intro will be… ‘and now to McDiarmid Park for the battle of the Saints. St Mirren went into this one on a good run of form, while the home side looked to bounce back from…. Let’s see how it went…Commentary from Cunty McCuntface….’

Bookmark this. Stick a tenner on with your online bookie. No, make it twenty.

Edited by pozbaird