Cove vs Accies

Looking forward to this, probably purely based on the fact it will be a new ground for me.

After getting that much needed first win on Saturday, we need to be looking to kick on and make some distance from the bottom.

I'd probably stick with the same team, but with the talk of possibly some new signings (not holding my breath) we might have some new faces that could come straight in.

No idea what to expect from Cove. I thought they would have had a better start, which looked like a good prediction after the opening day, but things seem to have tailed off rather quickly. Tbh that probably scares me more, as usually we love to give teams on a losing streak some hope.

Accies tweeted out about the away tickets being on sale, and stated it would be a standing section. But I've seen posts from other fans suggesting that Cove put up some temp stands, can any Cove fan confirm?

This feels like a massive game for Cove, and Jim McIntyre, even at this early stage of the season.

We're coming off of 4 straight league losses, something very unfamiliar to us. Last season, albeit in L1, we lost only 3 out of 36 league games and went 26 undefeated to end the campaign. 

Actually it's 6 losses in 8 and 8 losses in 11 since McIntyre took over. Lose his one and he might be the first managerial casualty of the Championship. McIntyre is being widely criticised for the Rory debacle, his formation, tactics and for his poor recruitment. A competent manager with a eye for recruitment would have us higher in the table for sure. Our next 2 games after this one don't get any easier; Dundee (H), Partick (A).

We should have our talisman striker, Mitch Megginson, back in the side for Saturday which means that Gerry will be back to warming the bench. Scott Ross should return after a foot injury and Aberdeen left back loanee Evan Towler is a possibility. No word on Blair Yule's return. Hopefully we can take in at least 1 more before Saturday. Mitch needs a partner up top to get the most out of him. 4-1-4-1 just isn't working for us.

Balmoral has been a fortress for us in the past. We'll be desperate for the 3 points but so far this season haven't played to our potential.

Accies fans can sit in temporary stand behind one of the goals but there is also some limited standing area alongside the pitch.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

22 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

This feels like a massive game for Cove, and Jim McIntyre, even at this early stage of the season.

We're coming off of 4 straight league losses, something very unfamiliar to us. Last season, albeit in L1, we lost only 3 out of 36 league games and went 26 undefeated to end the campaign. 

Actually it's 6 losses in 8 and 8 losses in 11 since McIntyre took over. Lose his one and he might be the first managerial casualty of the Championship. McIntyre is being widely criticised for the Rory debacle, his formation, tactics and for his poor recruitment. A competent manager with a eye for recruitment would have us higher in the table for sure. Our next 2 games after this one don't get any easier; Dundee (H), Partick (A).

We should have our talisman striker, Mitch Megginson, back in the side for Saturday which means that Gerry will be back to warming the bench. Scott Ross should return after a foot injury and Aberdeen left back loanee Evan Towler is a possibility. No word on Blair Yule's return. Hopefully we can take in at least 1 more before Saturday. Mitch needs a partner up top to get the most out of him. 4-1-4-1 just isn't working for us.

Balmoral has been a fortress for us in the past. We'll be desperate for the 3 points but so far this season haven't played to our potential.

Accies fans can sit in temporary stand behind one of the goals but there is also some limited standing area alongside the pitch.

A little off topic but what’s the usual process for away fans buying tickets? Wanting to head to the Dees game in a couple weeks with some dark blue pals and can’t see anything about tickets on either website yet. Is it usually PATG? Would think Dundee would bring a big crowd.

11 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

A little off topic but what’s the usual process for away fans buying tickets? Wanting to head to the Dees game in a couple weeks with some dark blue pals and can’t see anything about tickets on either website yet. Is it usually PATG? Would think Dundee would bring a big crowd.

The tickets for the Dundee game will likely be publicised on Sunday or Monday and can be bought online or at the ticket office (hatch in the wall) right next to the away turnstiles prior to kick-off on the Friday.

Should be the biggest crowd of the season. Relatively short journey for Dees fans and they will want to express their displeasure to McIntyre  I'm sure! That's if he's still in charge. Heard Robson was in the top 3, wonder if he still fancies the gig.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That bench tho.

We must have the worst squad depth in the league.

We're totally fucked when injuries and suspensions start to kick in.

Missing 8 through injury -lack of fitness - already. Hamilton, Spence,Virtanen, Mimnaugh,  Thomson, Redfearn, De Bolle and Ryan.

Edited by FuzzyBear

Another disappointing performance today. We look completely inept with McIntyre in charge and his persistence to play Mitch up top by himself. The tactics and formation are riddled with problems. 

Not trying to be disrespectful but I thought the performance from Accies today was by far the worse performance by any side against us this season. I'm sure Hamilton fans will say exactly the same thing about our performance too and rightly so. 

Scott Martin was a standout for Hamilton, was everywhere. Dan O'Reilly had a solid game and was taking others through the game.

Both teams and sets of fans will be coming away from the game thinking they should have got all 3 points. Hamilton ahead twice will be ruing the fact they couldn't hold on.

If we don't get a striker and a centre back in at least before Friday we'll get taken to the slaughter by both Dundee and Partick.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Rankin once again shown up for being tactically inept. Without knowing what Cove have been up against, I can see why the above poster thought we were the worst team he's seen as we were absolutely dreadful for much of it but should have still been well capable of seeing the game out with a better/more experienced manager and players with a bit more confidence or experience to not drop back so much when leading.