Greenock Morton v Ayr United SPFL Trust Trophy 3rd Round

ayrunited

3 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Pleased to win any game with nine men... but can't get over that clown in the middle. Should never referee another senior game..

Craig Napier the man in question.  Who let him out the schools programme?

I assume Jai whacked Reading mid flight on the way into touch WTF did the ref see.

Getting a bit of a name for himself might overtake the great Bobby Thomson.

Lithgow off to Inverclyde Royal will be out for a few weeks looks like a dislocated shoulder

8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Craig Napier the man in question.  Who let him out the schools programme?

I assume Jai whacked Reading mid flight on the way into touch WTF did the ref see.

Getting a bit of a name for himself might overtake the great Bobby Thomson.

Lithgow off to Inverclyde Royal will be out for a few weeks looks like a dislocated shoulder

All I saw was two guys fall over on the touchline.

Then, for Baird, a yellow card at worst (although just giving the foul would have sufficed).

The guy had no idea what he was looking at.

General standard of refereeing goes from bad to utterly embarrassing.

That game was appalling for quality of football.  Not as bad as the referee though.  I couldn't really see what happened with Jai but by all accounts it was nothing to merit a straight red.  As for Baird's red, it looked just like a tackle, something we seemed reluctant to put in all game, but maybe was a foul.  Certainly was a surprise to see a red card.  The Ayr guy was I think 2 yellows so maybe not as contentious.

I reckon Napier flashed that red card because he knows Jai is a physical player and Napier was just looking for a way to make himself the centre of attention.  shocking performance all round and he should be demoted to the juniors immediately.

Best bit of the night was Mcginty's penalty being saved.  GIRFUY you lanky beanpole.

Can't wait to see our team for the next round.  We have almost run out of centrebacks now i think - maybe Imrie will reprise the Strapp at CB strategy...