Celtic v Rangers Saturday September 3rd

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Ange has already said he won’t change. He said we will play our way in the Champions League to find out what our level really is.

That will then allow him to make decisions on what needs to improve for the next season so that we make incremental improvements as a champions league team season after season

So yeah it’s going to be a wild ride, expect some high scoring games 🤣

Surely the Europa and conference run gave him an indication of what the level his style goes to 

annoyingly effective domestically 

picked apart on the European stage by any well organised and drilled team 

we seem to be the complete opposite side of the coin . Gio is really good at adapting and changing formation and getting required result in Europe but at times far too cautious domestically 

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Surely the Europa and conference run gave him an indication of what the level his style goes to 

we seem to be the complete opposite side of the coin . Gio is really good at adapting and changing formation and getting required result in Europe but at times far too cautious domestically 

My prediction is that Postecoglu will match his trophy total of coaching/managing in more competitive leagues in Australia and Japan for c.25 years in 2 to 3 years of coaching in our top league. 

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Europa League came too early for us last season. The way we started last season in general shows that and we still had a pretty thread bare squad going into some of those matches.

That’s not the case this season, this is Anges squad and we now have the strength to bring off the bench to change games and many of our players look to have went up a level.

I find it very difficult to see us not being better albeit this is a more difficult competition I think you will see an improved Celtic this time around

There is also no reason for us not to trust him, he has done not a huge amount wrong up till this point 

Edited by Jinky67

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Best defensive record in the league last season and conceded just the 1 goal so far this season.

We have gotten better over the past year

Just wait until CL games and watch how technically and tactically aware defenders play. Their midfielders will play right through the 20yard space between the centre backs. 

Your assertion that you are better is only applicable to our league and you know as well as every man and his dog that as the gap between yourselves and the other 10 teams is too big. 

You will now be subjected to a lesson from your CLgroup rivals who have financial muscle way above your club and your twin on the other side of the city. 

6 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Just wait until CL games and watch how technically and tactically aware defenders play. Their midfielders will play right through the 20yard space between the centre backs. 

Your assertion that you are better is only applicable to our league and you know as well as every man and his dog that as the gap between yourselves and the other 10 teams is too big. 

You will now be subjected to a lesson from your CLgroup rivals who have financial muscle way above your club and your twin on the other side of the city. 

Terrified 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Terrified 

I truly hope you are not terrified it's a game of football after all. 

Winning any game does not make your supporters superior beings. Losing a game is annoying and does not make you an

Inferior being. 

7 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

I truly hope you are not terrified it's a game of football after all. 

Winning any game does not make your supporters superior beings. Losing a game is annoying and does not make you an

Inferior being. 

Of course I’m not terrified. I can’t wait 

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Europa League came too early for us last season. The way we started last season in general shows that and we still had a pretty thread bare squad going into some of those matches.

That’s not the case this season, this is Anges squad and we now have the strength to bring off the bench to change games and many of our players look to have went up a level.

I find it very difficult to see us not being better albeit this is a more difficult competition I think you will see an improved Celtic this time around

There is also no reason for us not to trust him, he has done not a huge amount wrong up till this point 

I can see that about the early group games but not the bodo games . They came when you were probably at your peak form in the league 

think it may pay off against Shaktar particularly at parkhead but going full angeball against Real Madrid could get very ugly very quickly. Would be naive not to change set up and tactics against them with the aim of at least making a game of it 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

I can see that about the early group games but not the bodo games . They came when you were probably at your peak form in the league 

think it may pay off against Shaktar particularly at parkhead but going full angeball against Real Madrid could get very ugly very quickly. Would be naive not to change set up and tactics against them with the aim of at least making a game of it 

The Bodo game was a bit of a freak of a game. We dominated that game in almost every aspect apart from the 1 that matters…..goals. Bodo scored pretty much with their 1st attack and we got picked off pushing hard for an equaliser. Same thing happened to us on day 1 at Hearts so these things can happen.

Things could get ugly no matter the approach with Madrid the 1 thing about them though is they are notoriously slow starters in the Champions League so who knows me may catch them cold 😉

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The Bodo game was a bit of a freak of a game. We dominated that game in almost every aspect apart from the 1 that matters…..goals. Bodo scored pretty much with their 1st attack and we got picked off pushing hard for an equaliser. Same thing happened to us on day 1 at Hearts so these things can happen.

Things could get ugly no matter the approach with Madrid the 1 thing about them though is they are notoriously slow starters in the Champions League so who knows me may catch them cold 😉

baghad-bob-brian-williams.jpg?fit=650,49

We dominated the game.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

I would have thought you of all people could relate 

4DB89B82-3379-4F62-BE13-7E208D1AF22D.jpeg

My eyesight isn't that good, if it's the game I think it is then we were extremely foolish that day and played right into celtics hands.