Jump to content

Heart of Midlothan v Kilmarnock - League Cup Second Round


Recommended Posts

Meh. 

We seem to have got away without any injuries, which is the main thing these days. Killie looked solid, a good, well organised McInnes team, should be sniffing around the top six.

We looked a bit half-hearted, but tbh I'm fine with that. LC would've been a big distraction, whilst adding literally nothing to our stated aims of getting back into Europe next season.  Important to get something from Livi (points, not injuries) and then all focus on Erdogan's lickspittles.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Heading to RP on Sat C4mmy31?

I'm getting WA's from Hibees tonight, and as you can see from this thread they're delighted.

An Embra double might be on.

Think I'm getting carried away?

Not this weekend, nor Easter Road either 🤣

Got a charity day at Lucinda Russell's yard where the racehorse I've got a share in is in training.

Fingers crossed, thou our record isn't great there, we can build on the last couple of results 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

Meh. 

We seem to have got away without any injuries, which is the main thing these days. Killie looked solid, a good, well organised McInnes team, should be sniffing around the top six.

We looked a bit half-hearted, but tbh I'm fine with that. LC would've been a big distraction, whilst adding literally nothing to our stated aims of getting back into Europe next season.  Important to get something from Livi (points, not injuries) and then all focus on Erdogan's lickspittles.

This sounds like something Robbie N would say to the press tbqhwy.

Being knocked out of the LC early doors shouldnt be "fine" for Hearts (I certainly didnt find it "fine" for us a month or so back !).

If your stated aim is to get back into europe but to call the LC a "distraction" and dismiss one of the only two trophies that you have a chance of winning, then can I suggest that your aims might need a bit of a reassessment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

Meh. 

We seem to have got away without any injuries, which is the main thing these days. Killie looked solid, a good, well organised McInnes team, should be sniffing around the top six.

We looked a bit half-hearted, but tbh I'm fine with that. LC would've been a big distraction, whilst adding literally nothing to our stated aims of getting back into Europe next season.  Important to get something from Livi (points, not injuries) and then all focus on Erdogan's lickspittles.

 

Pish. 

We got this from some Aberdeen fans around the time we were pushing ronny deila’s Celtic in the league. None of Aberdeen, hearts and hibs or Diddy premiership sides should be turning their nose up at any of the cups. 

It’s literally 4 games spread out between august and February. It’s hardly going to derail your league season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Hopefully!

But besides the loanees I think everyone did well tonight. We're starting to play like a team. Very encouraging.

McInnes will do a job for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought we were a wee bit unlucky to be behind at half time - poor goal to concede - the cross comes in far too easy, and it's a free header.

Clueless in the second half, which amounted to an exercise in McInnesian game management - kilmarnock always looked likelier to score than Hertz.

I know our options were limited, but the subs did nothing to improve us - just change for change's sake - Connor Smith and Sibbick actually did ok, and I didn't see the reason for replacing Neilson. 

We missed Boyce in this game - need to get a couple of players in the day, but we're leaving it late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Thought we were a wee bit unlucky to be behind at half time - poor goal to concede - the cross comes in far too easy, and it's a free header.

Clueless in the second half, which amounted to an exercise in McInnesian game management - kilmarnock always looked likelier to score than Hertz.

I know our options were limited, but the subs did nothing to improve us - just change for change's sake - Connor Smith and Sibbick actually did ok, and I didn't see the reason for replacing Neilson. 

We missed Boyce in this game - need to get a couple of players in the day, but we're leaving it late.

Neilson had a knock I think, he came out the tunnel with strapping on.

Not happy at all. All this pish about it being a distraction etc, it's one of 2 chances to win anything and is literally an extra few games. It was far more important than this coming Saturday for instance and now Neilson has put pressure on himself to get a result.

Makes it worse that Killie offered very little apart from being well organised, yet we couldn't string two passes together. The corners were absolutely horrific, how McKay was on them all night I'll never know. 

Are there highlights of the goal anywhere? I want to watch back as I was convinced Gordon should do better, but maybe being harsh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Neilson had a knock I think, he came out the tunnel with strapping on.

Not happy at all. All this pish about it being a distraction etc, it's one of 2 chances to win anything and is literally an extra few games. It was far more important than this coming Saturday for instance and now Neilson has put pressure on himself to get a result.

Makes it worse that Killie offered very little apart from being well organised, yet we couldn't string two passes together. The corners were absolutely horrific, how McKay was on them all night I'll never know. 

Are there highlights of the goal anywhere? I want to watch back as I was convinced Gordon should do better, but maybe being harsh.

Can't see any highlights, but I think it was a well-placed header with Smith ball-watching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Are there highlights of the goal anywhere? I want to watch back as I was convinced Gordon should do better, but maybe being harsh.

1.0.gif.2bb7f9c0d1e3c5964057ca17ffd8657d

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

 

Makes it worse that Killie offered very little apart from being well organised, yet we couldn't string two passes together. The corners were absolutely horrific, how McKay was on them all night I'll never know. 
 

Not sure i'd agree on that, only one looked like scoring and it certainly wasn't Hearts. 

Ash Taylor could have had a couple last night. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not sure i'd agree on that, only one looked like scoring and it certainly wasn't Hearts. 

Ash Taylor could have had a couple last night. 

I didn't say we looked like scoring, we were murder. But I don't think Kilmarnock created anything of note really either. 

Ultimately though, my opinion means hee-haw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Estragon said:

London Hearts 

Assumed he’d still be in mourning for the 91st anniversary of Bobby ‘the greatest natural footballer to ever play’ Walker’s death. :lol:

Edited by HibsFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Cheers. Just one angle, but I think Gordon should be doing better there tbh. Ball watching from Smith.

For what it's worth i don't think he had any chance. I think another angle would show it's miles to his left.

Edited by Squirrelhumper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

This sounds like something Robbie N would say to the press tbqhwy.

Being knocked out of the LC early doors shouldnt be "fine" for Hearts (I certainly didnt find it "fine" for us a month or so back !).

If your stated aim is to get back into europe but to call the LC a "distraction" and dismiss one of the only two trophies that you have a chance of winning, then can I suggest that your aims might need a bit of a reassessment?

The LC doesn't have a European spot attached to it though. It's literally a distraction from any campaign to get into Europe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Pish. 

We got this from some Aberdeen fans around the time we were pushing ronny deila’s Celtic in the league. None of Aberdeen, hearts and hibs or Diddy premiership sides should be turning their nose up at any of the cups. 

It’s literally 4 games spread out between august and February. It’s hardly going to derail your league season. 

That's just my personal opinion though, i'm sure the club aren't turning their nose up at the LC, but I am.

Since the LC had it's European spot removed, I've become fairly indifferent to being in or out of it. Yeah, winning it would be a laugh (even on penalties after a tedious 0-0 with ICT) but the Scottish Cup is MUCH more fun & important, and now we're out, we've got one (or four) fewer games in which any more players can be injured.

I was over this result about 30 seconds after FT.  In fact, I'm so over it that I'm wasting my valuable deadline day-watching time posting on this thread!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...