Heart of Midlothan v Kilmarnock - League Cup Second Round

Elixir

Thought we were a wee bit unlucky to be behind at half time - poor goal to concede - the cross comes in far too easy, and it's a free header.

Clueless in the second half, which amounted to an exercise in McInnesian game management - kilmarnock always looked likelier to score than Hertz.

I know our options were limited, but the subs did nothing to improve us - just change for change's sake - Connor Smith and Sibbick actually did ok, and I didn't see the reason for replacing Neilson. 

We missed Boyce in this game - need to get a couple of players in the day, but we're leaving it late.

27 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Thought we were a wee bit unlucky to be behind at half time - poor goal to concede - the cross comes in far too easy, and it's a free header.

Clueless in the second half, which amounted to an exercise in McInnesian game management - kilmarnock always looked likelier to score than Hertz.

I know our options were limited, but the subs did nothing to improve us - just change for change's sake - Connor Smith and Sibbick actually did ok, and I didn't see the reason for replacing Neilson. 

We missed Boyce in this game - need to get a couple of players in the day, but we're leaving it late.

Neilson had a knock I think, he came out the tunnel with strapping on.

Not happy at all. All this pish about it being a distraction etc, it's one of 2 chances to win anything and is literally an extra few games. It was far more important than this coming Saturday for instance and now Neilson has put pressure on himself to get a result.

Makes it worse that Killie offered very little apart from being well organised, yet we couldn't string two passes together. The corners were absolutely horrific, how McKay was on them all night I'll never know. 

Are there highlights of the goal anywhere? I want to watch back as I was convinced Gordon should do better, but maybe being harsh.

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Neilson had a knock I think, he came out the tunnel with strapping on.

Not happy at all. All this pish about it being a distraction etc, it's one of 2 chances to win anything and is literally an extra few games. It was far more important than this coming Saturday for instance and now Neilson has put pressure on himself to get a result.

Makes it worse that Killie offered very little apart from being well organised, yet we couldn't string two passes together. The corners were absolutely horrific, how McKay was on them all night I'll never know. 

Are there highlights of the goal anywhere? I want to watch back as I was convinced Gordon should do better, but maybe being harsh.

Can't see any highlights, but I think it was a well-placed header with Smith ball-watching. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not sure i'd agree on that, only one looked like scoring and it certainly wasn't Hearts. 

Ash Taylor could have had a couple last night. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not sure i'd agree on that, only one looked like scoring and it certainly wasn't Hearts. 

Ash Taylor could have had a couple last night. 

I didn't say we looked like scoring, we were murder. But I don't think Kilmarnock created anything of note really either. 

Ultimately though, my opinion means hee-haw.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Cheers. Just one angle, but I think Gordon should be doing better there tbh. Ball watching from Smith.

For what it's worth i don't think he had any chance. I think another angle would show it's miles to his left.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

8 hours ago, Leith Green said:

This sounds like something Robbie N would say to the press tbqhwy.

Being knocked out of the LC early doors shouldnt be "fine" for Hearts (I certainly didnt find it "fine" for us a month or so back !).

If your stated aim is to get back into europe but to call the LC a "distraction" and dismiss one of the only two trophies that you have a chance of winning, then can I suggest that your aims might need a bit of a reassessment?

The LC doesn't have a European spot attached to it though. It's literally a distraction from any campaign to get into Europe

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Pish. 

We got this from some Aberdeen fans around the time we were pushing ronny deila’s Celtic in the league. None of Aberdeen, hearts and hibs or Diddy premiership sides should be turning their nose up at any of the cups. 

It’s literally 4 games spread out between august and February. It’s hardly going to derail your league season. 

That's just my personal opinion though, i'm sure the club aren't turning their nose up at the LC, but I am.

Since the LC had it's European spot removed, I've become fairly indifferent to being in or out of it. Yeah, winning it would be a laugh (even on penalties after a tedious 0-0 with ICT) but the Scottish Cup is MUCH more fun & important, and now we're out, we've got one (or four) fewer games in which any more players can be injured.

I was over this result about 30 seconds after FT.  In fact, I'm so over it that I'm wasting my valuable deadline day-watching time posting on this thread!

Since when did football become about trying to qualify for Europe rather than trying to win things? I realise that Hearts haven't won the League Cup in most P&B posters' lifetimes, but as someone who has seen my club win it I can say that it's right up there as one of my best days as a Killie fan, certainly more so than, for example, the game against Kaiserslautern.

Edited by craigkillie

4 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

I was over this result about 30 seconds after FT.  In fact, I'm so over it that I'm wasting my valuable deadline day-watching time posting on this thread!

Me too, can you remind me when the quarters are so I can get worked up again? 
cheers

Jack

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Since when did football become about trying to qualify for Europe rather than trying to win things? I realise that Hearts haven't won the League Cup in most P&B posters' lifetimes, but as someone who has seen my club win it I can say that it's right up there as one of my best days as a Killie fan, certainly more so than, for example, the game against Kaiserslautern.

Yeah, but Killie have won one Scottish Cup in the last 30 years, and three ever. Of course winning the LC would be one of the best days of a Killie fan's life, especially beating an OF in the final.

For me, personally, this season, I am not bothered about the LC - which is convenient really, since we're oot!