Heart of Midlothan v Kilmarnock - League Cup Second Round

Elixir

On 28/08/2022 at 16:31, Elixir said:

A repeat of the glorious 1962 final that I'm sure we all remember Hertz winning 1-0 during the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Looking forward to the second coming of the banner attached to a plane over Gorgie crisis. 

On 29/08/2022 at 13:19, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ll be doing a late fitness test

if I’m covid negative by Wednesday afternoon I’m going 

although by the look of things I could isolate myself there anyway

my Covid  test was positive 

which was annoying at the time 

but turns out to have been a blessing 

did anybody actually go to that game?

15 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Impressed with Cameron tonight. Gave us something to hit up front and did well.

Tight at the back as well. Everybody loves a clean sheet.

These 2 are gonna give a lot of teams big problems this season to....

Screenshot_20220831-225018_Chrome.jpg.75e8000e3521b642dd916404c39f02cb.jpg

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

London Hearts 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was there tonight. A frustrating watch.

We just could not break down that Killie defence.

Meh. 

We seem to have got away without any injuries, which is the main thing these days. Killie looked solid, a good, well organised McInnes team, should be sniffing around the top six.

We looked a bit half-hearted, but tbh I'm fine with that. LC would've been a big distraction, whilst adding literally nothing to our stated aims of getting back into Europe next season.  Important to get something from Livi (points, not injuries) and then all focus on Erdogan's lickspittles.

4 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Heading to RP on Sat C4mmy31?

I'm getting WA's from Hibees tonight, and as you can see from this thread they're delighted.

An Embra double might be on.

Think I'm getting carried away?

Not this weekend, nor Easter Road either 🤣

Got a charity day at Lucinda Russell's yard where the racehorse I've got a share in is in training.

Fingers crossed, thou our record isn't great there, we can build on the last couple of results 🤞

7 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

Meh. 

We seem to have got away without any injuries, which is the main thing these days. Killie looked solid, a good, well organised McInnes team, should be sniffing around the top six.

We looked a bit half-hearted, but tbh I'm fine with that. LC would've been a big distraction, whilst adding literally nothing to our stated aims of getting back into Europe next season.  Important to get something from Livi (points, not injuries) and then all focus on Erdogan's lickspittles.

This sounds like something Robbie N would say to the press tbqhwy.

Being knocked out of the LC early doors shouldnt be "fine" for Hearts (I certainly didnt find it "fine" for us a month or so back !).

If your stated aim is to get back into europe but to call the LC a "distraction" and dismiss one of the only two trophies that you have a chance of winning, then can I suggest that your aims might need a bit of a reassessment?

7 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

Meh. 

Pish. 

We got this from some Aberdeen fans around the time we were pushing ronny deila’s Celtic in the league. None of Aberdeen, hearts and hibs or Diddy premiership sides should be turning their nose up at any of the cups. 

It’s literally 4 games spread out between august and February. It’s hardly going to derail your league season.