Heart of Midlothan v Kilmarnock - League Cup Second Round

Elixir

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Priced at only £15 and still not attracting much interest

Just unfortunate that it's in the middle of an incredibly hectic schedule. People paying for away euro ties, and no doubt the euro home package that'll be coming will see this as an easy one to swerve.

As for the game I have no idea how we'll lineup, the backline could look like a row of shark's teeth given the injuries we have.  And we'll likely have to ask Michael Smith to play yet another full 90, which given his age you'd really rather be resting him.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I've had to miss a few games already this season, so I quite fancy going to this. 

I’ll be doing a late fitness test

if I’m covid negative by Wednesday afternoon I’m going 

although by the look of things I could isolate myself there anyway

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Priced at only £15 and still not attracting much interest

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Just unfortunate that it's in the middle of an incredibly hectic schedule. People paying for away euro ties, and no doubt the euro home package that'll be coming will see this as an easy one to swerve.

Cup matches haven't drawn in big home crowds for at least 15 years now - for any club.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Cup matches haven't drawn in big home crowds for at least 15 years now - for any club.

League cup doubly so

The apathy from the support can transfer to the players 

I once saw a league cup tie against Livingston where a player cared so little about the game he  took a throw in from the right place instead of stealing a few yards

30 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ll be doing a late fitness test

if I’m covid negative by Wednesday afternoon I’m going 

although by the look of things I could isolate myself there anyway

Hope you're better soon, TC.

Don't think fans can be criticized too much for missing this game between trips to Switzerland and Florence amidst a cost of living crisis, but it'll still happen. 

Joe Wright to nab a hat-trick in this one, surely!  

Heading through to this one after work - mainly because I don't get to many away games at weekends these days and £15 a ticket is very reasonable indeed so kudos to the clubs for making that happen. I suspect we'll get beat, but I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about our season after that late turnaround on Saturday. Not sure how sales are going at our end - I suspect with us playing Hibs away on Saturday some will choose to go to that instead.

Can’t make games on Wednesdays at the moment. 😕

Tough game this, with our schedule and injuries, I’ll be happy with a narrow win and no injuries or prolonged game. 

Could see us losing this one though. Hopefully home advantage makes a difference.

Not sure how many we will bring through - think there are 5 or 6 buses coming through anyway. 

Maybe 700/800 but with Hibs on Saturday i think it'll affect the crowd. 

Fraserburgh, Montrose, County, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs away within 6 or 7 weeks is a pricey business! 

I usually want/expect us to make a good stab at the cups, and winning the diddy cup is long overdue.

However in the context of our September/October/injuries last match, I won't shed a tear if we go out....... Nah on second thoughts I'd be raging!!!

Hopefully we can scrape through and tackle the latter rounds with a stronger squad. Our resilience against Celtic whilst playing reserves and St J at the weekend fills me with confidence.

I'd also let Stewart be "League Cup Keeper"

2 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I usually want/expect us to make a good stab at the cups, and winning the diddy cup is long overdue.

However in the context of our September/October/injuries last match, I won't shed a tear if we go out....... Nah on second thoughts I'd be raging!!!

Hopefully we can scrape through and tackle the latter rounds with a stronger squad. Our resilience against Celtic whilst playing reserves and St J at the weekend fills me with confidence.

I'd also let Stewart be "League Cup Keeper"

Aye, it's a tough balancing act. I really want us to win tonight, and I really want us to win the League Cup.

But we're struggling with injuries as it is and the schedule gets fucking nuts from here.

So, it's kind of ok either way whatever happens tonight.