Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably an indication regarding the state of Scottish football but if its anyone from the list of usual suspects then it'll be a fucking depressing appointment for fans

Although the DUtd legend that is Billy Dodds hasnt made the list which maybe shows how shite he really is, cos I'd be delighted if you take him off our hands

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Probably an indication regarding the state of Scottish football but if its anyone from the list of usual suspects then it'll be a fucking depressing appointment for fans

Although the DUtd legend that is Billy Dodds hasnt made the list which maybe shows how shite he really is, cos I'd be delighted if you take him off our hands

If not Billy Dodds, how about his da?

55695FA7-B50F-4D3B-9C55-0BA1BBE4B5BC.jpeg

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Most people like to consider things like working conditions, culture, and who they'll be working for and with before taking a job, particularly if it involves a move or a big commute. 

Obviously pay and progression are massive but not the whole story. 

Not sure why football managers would be any different?

Clearly you believe they're some sort of sub humans who have very simplistic goals, who are too stupid to take into account any context or qualitative factors. 

They tend to be a "different breed" and have an inherent need to prove themselves, often at their own and family expense. Why would Rooney go to DC, why Coyle go to India?

Even much lower down, Kenny Black travelled from Chesterfield to manage Airdrie when he was there. Not everyday, but he was up and down often and it can't have been convenient.

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Is John Robertson still involved at ICT?

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They tend to be a "different breed" and have an inherent need to prove themselves, often at their own and family expense. Why would Rooney go to DC, why Coyle go to India?

Even much lower down, Kenny Black travelled from Chesterfield to manage Airdrie when he was there. Not everyday, but he was up and down often and it can't have been convenient.

Not doing much to rebut "desperate or no reputation" here sarge. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not doing much to rebut "desperate or no reputation" here sarge. 

None of them needed the money. They are/were desperate to prove themselves though, I'll  give you that.

Taking those jobs defies logic in any case other than football/sport.

Jack Ross has genuinely done what some fans do when completely bored on Football Manager.

Takeover a rival  club, spend the wage and transfer budget on absolute shite to try and buckle them for the future and then cause as much pain as possible until you get sacked.

Only thing he didn't do was just stick 10 men up front but that didn't stop the goals flying in.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Anyone prepared to take this job in the current circumstances will have to be desperate for the work and have no reputation to worry about tarnishing. 

I would have to disagree tbh, their squad is still decent imo and after the Ross shit show the bar is quite low at the moment for someone to take over. Not ideal so close to a transfer shutting though.

I would love to see Big Dunc back in Scotland and I genuinely believe he'd be a real breath of fresh air, both to your club and the league as a whole. But he's got, I think, a very well curated reputation as a coach that he could very quickly tarnish by taking the wrong job at the wrong time. And I think he's a smart cookie with a comforting bank balance - he doesnt need just any job.

But Mulgrew seems to be running the dressing room if the rumours are to be believed. Where is he with his coaching badges? I can see him getting the gig as a caretaker, getting a run of fairly decent results in the next half dozen games (that on paper shouldn't be too taxing if they are playing well) and then get a permanent appointment only to be sacked in March as the relegation battle looms...