Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Will United fans ever sing about a 'Beautiful Sunday' again?

That video of the Celtic fan prancing about his living room in his pants singing 'Beautiful Sunday' has done far more to put me off singing that song again than anything that happened yesterday.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It was after we beat Hibs that Ross got punted the last time wasn't it?

What are the odds of it happening again if we beat Utd on Wed night.:guns

Increasing by the minute. The fact that they have not already sacked him shows that there is atleast some faith in him for the game on Wednesday. I would think a narrow lose would still keep him in the Job as well. 

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Barry Robson has all the right United credentials

Of course, Aberdeen fans know exactly the pain and humiliation United suffered yesterday.

Who would've guessed in the 1980s and even early 1990s that the two teams that would suffer the heaviest top league defeats over the next 30 or so years would've the two very teams that challenged the duopoly.

Will United fans ever sing about a 'Beautiful Sunday' again?

Yes.  Because as bad as things are at the moment then they will change.  Neither your club or mine will reach those halcyon days of the ‘80s and 90s again but we will have comparative success of that I’m sure.

It was only last season that we finished fourth and qualified for Europe and as disastrous as that campaign has been I’m glad we got there; better than not getting there.

Outside the glory seekers fans of every team have to take the good with the bad.  It’s bad at the moment but we will have our share of Beautiful Sundays in the years to come.  I hope you do to.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It really is quite bizarre.

On the face of it, if you had to describe Jack Ross' strengths as a manager in his career to date, you'd say he seems the type that seems to get a playing squad wanting to play for him and secondly that he seems to be quite a deep 'thinker' type. Since joining United it seems that the opposite is the case. Rumours of fallings out all over the shop, real evidence of players not fighting for him on the park and him being absolutely clueless.

Even outwith football, he used to be considered one of the more fashionable managers in Scottish football. Always looking dapper and then he's announced looking like this:

Jack Ross wears blazer, scarf and SHORTS at Dundee United unveiling and  fans are all saying the same thing | The Scottish Sun

Almost makes you think he's intentionally taking the piss.

When he was Hibs manager, The Scotsman published an article where he said he was a fashion lover. He also said he never supported a senior team which contradicts his previous statements about being a Dundee supporter. So we can add that he's a complete liar into the mix as well. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-and-fashion-lover-jack-ross-on-being-dressed-for-success-and-his-dream-of-managing-scotland-2969396

What a disaster.

I cannot get over that pic, it's like the cover of a knitting pattern from the seventies. But, but, he had a moonboot on, I've heard that excuse, but if that was the case he should've just put the training kit on. IMO.

Unbelievable.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes.  Because as bad as things are at the moment then they will change.  Neither your club or mine will reach those halcyon days of the ‘80s and 90s again but we will have comparative success of that I’m sure.

It was only last season that we finished fourth and qualified for Europe and as disastrous as that campaign has been I’m glad we got there; better than not getting there.

Outside the glory seekers fans of every team have to take the good with the bad.  It’s bad at the moment but we will have our share of Beautiful Sundays in the years to come.  I hope you do to.

That is lovely old sentimental pish

But for now....

awesome chris geere GIF by You're The Worst

Unless of course those good days don’t return. Ogren says ‘f**k that’ and pulls the pin once and for all. Loving every minute of this.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It really is quite bizarre.

On the face of it, if you had to describe Jack Ross' strengths as a manager in his career to date, you'd say he seems the type that seems to get a playing squad wanting to play for him and secondly that he seems to be quite a deep 'thinker' type. Since joining United it seems that the opposite is the case. Rumours of fallings out all over the shop, real evidence of players not fighting for him on the park and him being absolutely clueless.

Even outwith football, he used to be considered one of the more fashionable managers in Scottish football. Always looking dapper and then he's announced looking like this:

Jack Ross wears blazer, scarf and SHORTS at Dundee United unveiling and  fans are all saying the same thing | The Scottish Sun

Almost makes you think he's intentionally taking the piss.

When he was Hibs manager, The Scotsman published an article where he said he was a fashion lover. He also said he never supported a senior team which contradicts his previous statements about being a Dundee supporter. So we can add that he's a complete liar into the mix as well. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-and-fashion-lover-jack-ross-on-being-dressed-for-success-and-his-dream-of-managing-scotland-2969396

What a disaster.

What kind of fanny is into football but doesn’t support a team!?

Pack your bags Jack…(at the end of the season). 

Thank you. 

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Unless of course those good days don’t return. Ogren says ‘f**k that’ and pulls the pin once and for all. Loving every minute of this.

That’s a possibility, a real possibility. I have no idea why the Americans have invested in my club or yours; poor judgement.

Just now, RawB93 said:

His name's not even fucking Jack.

That’s a pity because I think he might be immortalised with that name by Arabs for years to come.

”Remember that fucking Jack Ross?”  “He’s not as bad as that fucking Jack Ross was”.

43 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Dundee fans, of course, would know all about the plug being pulled.