Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Caretaker manager wins one game so give him the job. That's usually the media shout.

It’s a gamble* whoever we appoint.  He’s likely to be in charge for the next couple of games so let’s see how they go.

My worry is that the gambler is Fat Tony and he doesn’t bet responsibly.

I am always against giving assistants the role after a manager has been sacked.  It never works as they were part of the failed regime.  I suppose the difference with Fox is that he wasn't Ross's assistant in that he was here last season under Courts when, relatively speaking, results and performances were much better.

Would still prefer the box office appointment of big Dunc or someone else such as Robson or Daly coming in but I expect Fox would be staying on as assistant in those circumstances.

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

I am always against giving assistants the role after a manager has been sacked.  It never works as they were part of the failed regime.  I suppose the difference with Fox is that he wasn't Ross's assistant in that he was here last season under Courts when, relatively speaking, results and performances were much better.

Would still prefer the box office appointment of big Dunc or someone else such as Robson or Daly coming in but I expect Fox would be staying on as assistant in those circumstances.

It usually goes one of two ways...

170px-P_houston.jpg.c6990e04989c7232d5762e1c7ba4e64f.jpg

Or

X_A_t_2484_2005_1.jpg.c591c50740b8fb4b15aa222d484be04d.jpg

**I know CL wasn't sacked but you get the idea

I much prefer the idea of Big Dunc / Barry Robson / Jon Daly with Fox staying on.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Or

X_A_t_2484_2005_1.jpg.c591c50740b8fb4b15aa222d484be04d.jpg

**I know CL wasn't sacked but you get the idea

I much prefer the idea of Big Dunc / Barry Robson / Jon Daly with Fox staying on.

I have no issue with assistants taking over having been part of a successful regime such as Houston.  Suppose Fox is in a bit of a grey area.

On 01/09/2022 at 11:47, Aladdin said:

I'm always against it because the odds don't stack up much in your favour.

Of all the thousands of guys that you could employ, you've decided to give the job to the guy that is handily standing by.

On 01/09/2022 at 13:40, mishtergrolsch said:

Houston won the cup, but it was Levein who assembled that side.

He held a good team together that he'd helped mould, for a while, but never really improved us.

Not what the next guy has to do.

Indeed Houston left claiming we didn't have good enough players with the likes of Russell, GMS, Armstong, Gauld and Souttar on the books.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:
Next Permanent Dundee United Manager
Win only
4/1

If United appoint the fat racist b*****d they’ll never get another penny from me.  Thankfully I don’t think they would.

The boy in charge now will get it, the cheap option, there's only so much cash Ogren can throw into this bottomless pit. Would like to see Malky in charge at Dens in the future, good manager. IMO.

Thank you.