Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I've a wee feeling that when Dundee Utd fans boo the shite out of things at Ibrox and the fall out by the greetin' faced **** will give Thommo would never risk his staunchness by agreeing to take the role.  

I'd hope the fact hes a total staunch dumpling would be more of a reason but as long as something stops him or puts him off then I'll be fine.

5 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Job will be Fox's after today. 

Since the match thread is about nothing other than the wonderful wind up of the orcs, I’ll take the opportunity on this thread to say that today’s performance was very pleasing.  Eriksson had a good game, apart from a wee glitch in the final 10 minutes, and I was impressed by Behich.  Pissed off with Harkes for the first goal.  Anaku was impressive with his cameo and I hope it’s an indication of what he can offer.

As well as some decent individual displays I thought we looked far better and far more organised as a team, particularly when we were going forward.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Since the match thread is about nothing other than the wonderful wind up of the orcs, I’ll take the opportunity on this thread to say that today’s performance was very pleasing.  Eriksson had a good game, apart from a wee glitch in the final 10 minutes, and I was impressed by Behich.  Pissed off with Harkes for the first goal.  Anaku was impressive with his cameo and I hope it’s an indication of what he can offer.

As well as some decent individual displays I thought we looked far better and far more organised as a team, particularly when we were going forward.

ross.jpg

Yesterday was more akin to last season's performances under Courts. We actually played pretty well, and had we been away to anyone else (aside from Celtic) we would have got a penalty at the end. The performance was rather overshadowed because of *stuff*

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Based on our recent history where Courts was a gamble, and Ross was a solid appointment, gamble doesn't look that bad an idea tbh

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to agree with any appointment by the club. They're all gambles and I'm not the gambling type.

I'll give any appointment my full backing for a few days, then decide if I like them or not based on a maximum of 2 games and if we're not top of the league by end of November then he's a useless c**t and I want him gone.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

All appointments are a gamble. Giving it to a guy who is known and liked within the club is far less of a gamble than most.

Pondering whether there is any good examples of when a manager has been sacked and his assistant has taken over and been successful?

We tried it with Chisholm. Can't say he'll go down in legend.

Strikes me as really fcuking lazy to appoint the guy who is there by default rather than one of the thousands of possible options out there.

Edited by ArabFC