Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, MatthewM02 said:

Hi, my name is Matthew Muir and I am studying journalism at City of Glasgow College. 

I have published an article on four runners and riders for the Dundee United job, if anybody would be interested in reading. 

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/8/30/runners-and-riders-whos-next-for-dundee-united

You've pulled those names out of your arse, Matthew. A glittering career with the beeb surely beckons.

11 hours ago, MatthewM02 said:

Hi, my name is Matthew Muir and I am studying journalism at City of Glasgow College. 

I have published an article on four runners and riders for the Dundee United job, if anybody would be interested in reading. 

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/8/30/runners-and-riders-whos-next-for-dundee-united

Which are runners and which are riders?

Regarding the Duncan Ferguson speculation; this is surely an example of the worst type of shite we see around Scottish managerial speculation.

1) Kens the club from years ago. So what?

2) He's hard and will 'sort them oot'. Firstly, it's not the 1980s anymore. Secondly, this is based purely on his reputation for being mental years ago. Do folk think he's going to walk into the dressing room, batter the players, and they'll start winning? Fucking idiocy.

3) He's worked with famous people. Completely irrelevant. He has extremely limited experience as a first-team coach and United are bottom of the league.

Any coaching appointment is a 'wait and see' effort, as there's a million reasons why it might work or not work. But the basis for hiring Ferguson at the moment seems flimsy. Maybe he'd do a tremendous interview, I don't know. But from what's public about him, there's nothing to suggest a strong candidate.

I've seen some people suggesting he hates the SFA so much that he'd never consider returning to Scotland. These people obviously missed that he did his coaching badges with the SFA in Largs just a few years ago. So, maybe he'd be up for it, maybe not, but I don't see a strong basis for him being a good candidate.