Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, johnnydun said:
I would imagine it will be one of the 7 vile Arab c***s currently in charge of a Championship mob.

And the c***s gave the cheek to call us The Fun.

You will always be the Fun.  The 6p in the pound Fun.

I believe Big Dunc would be a good appointment. His managerial record with Everton is limited but it’s definitely not bad, he got some decent results. He’s a very passionate character and would command the respect of his players. I’ve seen some people saying the United players looked disinterested on Sunday, you can bet that Big Dunc would have them well drilled and wouldn’t stand for any shite.

Levein just ruled himself out on Radio Scotland. 

He loved his time at the club and would love to help but couldnt work with United at the moment.

Wouldn't say any more but sounded like an Ashgar issue. 

Edited by low-life

4 minutes ago, low-life said:

He loved his time at the club and would love to help but couldnt work with United at the moment.

The  ‘issue’ with Craig Levein being that he effectively relegated Hearts with one of the biggest budgets in the league. I like him a lot better than I expected as a pundit but he shouldn’t be near any managerial job at a professional club again.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Clever money would be Michael ONiell but that would also take a lot more money from Ogren.

I could see Duncan Ferguson taking it. He's clearly bonkers so I'm all in on this.

Good luck with the potential appointment of Michael O'Neill.

Having watched Stoke City's fortunes (Mrs TCM's club) for the thick end of 20 years, not an appointment I would overly recommend, imho.

Mind you, if the footballing side fails, he is, or was a fully qualified Financial Advisor, however not much call for that service at Tannadice either.

In fairness to him, he did a wonderful job at Stoke dealing with a squad containing some vastly overpaid/rated players on ludicrously long contracts and brought the club back to a more secure financial footing bearing in mind the strict Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules down there. Don't recall any major fees being paid during his tenure, the pressure was always on to get players moved on. The club is not short of money being owned by the Coates family (Bet365), just not allowed to spend it

The footballing side as I say, was never overly convincing, however he was unlucky with numerous major injuries to key players at important times over the last two seasons past.

Merely an observation.

trainspotting-gif-15.gif.32067017ebf5404cd2a17fdd4abcb239.gif

The  ‘issue’ with Craig Levein being that he effectively relegated Hearts with one of the biggest budgets in the league. I like him a lot better than I expected as a pundit but he shouldn’t be near any managerial job at a professional club again.
I think most of the fans calling for Levein have forgotten this minor detail. He was great for us, but he left in 2009.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think most of the fans calling for Levein have forgotten this minor detail. He was great for us, but he left in 2009.

He was one that had his moments in management for sure. Did well at Cowdenbeath and his first spell at Hearts too. His last spell however he seemed to be getting done by agents by offering multiple long term deals to players from outwith British football with little due diligence. Probably a guy who just didn’t move with the times and got caught by the new pitfalls.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

He's open to being approached though. 

It's between him and O'Neill I would say. 

After his history with the Scottish football authorities, can't see him ever darkening the doors up here again.

20 minutes ago, low-life said:

This is interesting cos only a couple of years ago when we were looking for a replacement for Neilson, Levein said he'd love the chance.

Hi, my name is Matthew Muir and I am studying journalism at City of Glasgow College. 

I have published an article on four runners and riders for the Dundee United job, if anybody would be interested in reading. 

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2022/8/30/runners-and-riders-whos-next-for-dundee-united

Edited by MatthewM02