Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I reckon O'Neill would end up having a similar impact as Mixu.

Yeah, possibly. I don't actually think Mixu's a bad manager, - it just started badly and he didn't know how to turn it around. O'Neill at least knows how to set out a team to defend properly. Unless Stoke have been shipping goals hand-over-fist, in which case I've no idea.

I feel sorry for the Dundee utd fans too have this guy in charge, players don’t like him he should never have been appointed, he has no man management skills at all,Hibs are a prime example,,and I no from when he was the st Mirren manager how he treated players, karma always prevails.
Whit ???

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Is Levein not retired from managing these days? 

He seems to have accidentally taken over Brechin or something, having gone there as a consultant a couple of years ago. Even appeared in their squad photo looking like he'd just been to the garden centre.  Maybe not a bad shout as a caretaker but couldn't imagine him looking to get back into it long term. 

13 hours ago, captainkev said:

I never fully bought into the hype about Ross, but I at least thought he'd be a safe and steady enough appointment. Somebody who'd keep us solid and ticking along even if the football wasn't going to be particularly spectacular

These past few performances and scorelines are what I feared were in store for us last season under a rookie manager after the opening game against Aberdeen.

More or less what I thought. I thought he'd be a safe pair of hands, if rather unexciting. Shows what I know.

Barry Robson has all the right United credentials

Of course, Aberdeen fans know exactly the pain and humiliation United suffered yesterday.

Who would've guessed in the 1980s and even early 1990s that the two teams that would suffer the heaviest top league defeats over the next 30 or so years would've the two very teams that challenged the duopoly.

Will United fans ever sing about a 'Beautiful Sunday' again?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

54 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Right enough. Was Fletcher the one who pulled out of a squad to go on a stag to Vegas, or the one who was leaking the team to the press?

Fletcher wasn’t getting a look in for Scotland and hates Levein for that reason appoint CL and loan us Fletcher for Doidge.  Sorted. 

15 hours ago, Frankie mcl said:

I feel sorry for the Dundee utd fans too have this guy in charge, players don’t like him he should never have been appointed, he has no man management skills at all,Hibs are a prime example,,and I no from when he was the st Mirren manager how he treated players, karma always prevails.

Your description of Jack Ross seems pretty similar to the public image of Jim McLean, but he worked wonders at United. Players, presumably, respect a manager for his football knowledge, and subsequent results, more than for his sympathetic nature. McLean may have treated players as indentured labourers but he won matches and trophies and that should be any player's priority.

I don't really get the 'lost the dressing room' stuff. Players at United's level aren't overpaid prima donnas who can flounce off in a huff if their feelings are hurt, knowing another contract will be on the table elsewhere. Many of us will have worked for bosses whom we personally dislike, but we don't demonstrate that by downing tools. You could hardly be more in the public eye than on a football pitch and your character is obvious to fans, team mates and any prospective employer.

Having said that, it seems that any replacement for Ross will be chosen from a list of failed or untested candidates so f**k knows what the future holds for United, the players and the support. 

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Right enough. Was Fletcher the one who pulled out of a squad to go on a stag to Vegas, or the one who was leaking the team to the press?

Can’t remember the specifics but having Googled it it seems they buried the hatchet to some extent.

It really is quite bizarre.

On the face of it, if you had to describe Jack Ross' strengths as a manager in his career to date, you'd say he seems the type that seems to get a playing squad wanting to play for him and secondly that he seems to be quite a deep 'thinker' type. Since joining United it seems that the opposite is the case. Rumours of fallings out all over the shop, real evidence of players not fighting for him on the park and him being absolutely clueless.

Even outwith football, he used to be considered one of the more fashionable managers in Scottish football. Always looking dapper and then he's announced looking like this:

Jack Ross wears blazer, scarf and SHORTS at Dundee United unveiling and  fans are all saying the same thing | The Scottish Sun

Almost makes you think he's intentionally taking the piss.

When he was Hibs manager, The Scotsman published an article where he said he was a fashion lover. He also said he never supported a senior team which contradicts his previous statements about being a Dundee supporter. So we can add that he's a complete liar into the mix as well. https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-and-fashion-lover-jack-ross-on-being-dressed-for-success-and-his-dream-of-managing-scotland-2969396

What a disaster.