Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 2nd Edition of 2022

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Link to the previous thread which was only started 2 month ago. Some of the comments have aged like a fine wine.

It looks like it'd take a miracle to turn this around for Jack Ross so usual suspects are in.

Edited by Ludo*1

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Michael O'Neill is available. Former United player.

Good shout. Expensive shout. Subbed out Alan Stubbs.

Well done, Alan's crying now.

I feel sorry for the Dundee utd fans too have this guy in charge, players don’t like him he should never have been appointed, he has no man management skills at all,Hibs are a prime example,,and I no from when he was the st Mirren manager how he treated players, karma always prevails.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We were all happy with Ross though some folk being a bit revisionist.

I hope that's not a reference to me, Granny. I can only recall one post about the merits of appointing Ross and it's exactly as I said. 

I wasn't actively against it though. I don't think anyone was.

I never fully bought into the hype about Ross, but I at least thought he'd be a safe and steady enough appointment. Somebody who'd keep us solid and ticking along even if the football wasn't going to be particularly spectacular

These past few performances and scorelines are what I feared were in store for us last season under a rookie manager after the opening game against Aberdeen.

6 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Would you take Courts back? Struggling in Budapest.

Nah. I think he deserves a lot of credit for what he did last season (more so now that we've seen how badly his successor has done) but I can't see him fitting back in after leaving so recently. It's not like he was poached by Barcelona; he fucked off to a shite Hungarian team whose glory days are even more distant than ours.

Plus, he talks like a mobile phone salesman.

2 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I never fully bought into the hype about Ross, but I at least thought he'd be a safe and steady enough appointment. Somebody who'd keep us solid and ticking along even if the football wasn't going to be particularly spectacular

These past few performances and scorelines are what I feared were in store for us last season under a rookie manager after the opening game against Aberdeen.

Same. Ross was, I thought, at least a known quantity. He might not be great but I never had any fear that he would be absolutely rancid.

15 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I hope that's not a reference to me, Granny. I can only recall one post about the merits of appointing Ross and it's exactly as I said. 

I wasn't actively against it though. I don't think anyone was.

Your enthusiasm for Ross was on a par with mine.