The Scottish Cup - Lowland League Edition

Deanburn Dave

58 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite fancied Stirling to get something today.

So did I but it was a fairly evenly matched game. Late on in normal time Albion Rovers hit the post and then blasted a penalty over the bar. Them's the breaks. It looked like penalties until Uni scored.

It says something about the fitness of the modern player that neither team looked knackered at 120 minutes. Back in the day 120 minutes of play on a heavy pitch would have seen a few players plodding about at the end 

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Albion Rovers 0 University of Stirling 1 after extra time.   Brilliant result for the Lowland League team.

Yet some think they're no even worthy of a place in the league!

An absolutely thoroughly deserved though not unexpected result. 

Well done the Uni their manager is a LL legendary goal machine let's not forget that!

Congratulations a fantastic result for not only the Uni but the LL.  

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

So did I but it was a fairly evenly matched game. Late on in normal time Albion Rovers hit the post and then blasted a penalty over the bar. Them's the breaks. It looked like penalties until Uni scored.

It says something about the fitness of the modern player that neither team looked knackered at 120 minutes. Back in the day 120 minutes of play on a heavy pitch would have seen a few players plodding about at the end 

My mate went along no doubt get a blow by blow account from him.

I stayed local and went to the Haws v Elgin.

Went to the game and wasn't surprised to see uni stirling dominate most of the game albeit albion had the best 2 chances to win game.

Uni of Stirling have 5 maybe 6 players who could easily play league or league 1. I know for a fact that 2 players are likely to join league 1 clubs next season so we'll done to them.

Albion rovers were exactly what I thought they would be on the pitch. Couple good players notably Charlie reilly.

45 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

My mate went along no doubt get a blow by blow account from him.

I stayed local and went to the Haws v Elgin.

I was speaking to the guy from the Fife Herald (I think), the big photographer with the long beard. Never knew you were there. According to Futbology app, quite a few Pars fans decided to go to Haws instead of their own game.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I was speaking to the guy from the Fife Herald (I think), the big photographer with the long beard. Never knew you were there. According to Futbology app, quite a few Pars fans decided to go to Haws instead of their own game.

My mate Dave the photographer he does pics for the Central Fife Times and Dunfermline Press as well as the Cowden programme.

I was in the enclosure just along from the Haws dug out.