The Scottish Cup - Lowland League Edition

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Brora would be entitled to half the gate based on numbers attending but with the Lawell millions behind them, it’s money well spent to trumpet how great the crowd is and manufacture the idea that they now have a support.

This actually surpasses your last post, well done 😂😂😂

46 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I know you have a gripe against them, but your latest conspiracy theory is right up there. 😂😂😂

Looking at it objectively you have to admit that there is very likely some truth in that.

I know they had a decent crowd of around 500 for one of their early games, but there have been reports of home games since being less than half that.

I doubt that Brora would have brought more than 50 fans on a Friday night, so all of a sudden Broomhill manage to magic up around 1500 paying fans. Ok then. 

13 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Looking at it objectively you have to admit that there is very likely some truth in that.

I know they had a decent crowd of around 500 for one of their early games, but there have been reports of home games since being less than half that.

I doubt that Brora would have brought more than 50 fans on a Friday night, so all of a sudden Broomhill manage to magic up around 1500 paying fans. Ok then. 

Edited by Pyramid Watcher
What’s the point in arguing 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

So we are expected to believe they gave away 500 tickets and paid for them out of their own pocket?

The seethe towards broomhill is something else. Can’t bring thereselfs to say fair play for pulling in that kind of crowd. Just cause they are a ‘boysclub’.

But if a so called established club, with a proud history (but are a bit shit now) had used media outlets or whatever other methods available to drum up a support like that, we would all be on here applauding them for there efforts.

2 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

The seethe towards broomhill is something else. Can’t bring thereselfs to say fair play for pulling in that kind of crowd. Just cause they are a ‘boysclub’.

But if a so called established club, with a proud history (but are a bit shit now) had used media outlets or whatever other methods available to drum up a support like that, we would all be on here applauding them for there efforts.

Absolutely spot on John

11 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Personally I have no seethe or particular ill will towards them. I’ve never listened to their podcast and I wouldn’t recognise Si Ferry if he nutmegged me in the street.

If they have pulled a crowd of 1500 paying punters through the clever use of social media and their obvious clout with that, fair play to them.

If they have pulled a crowd of 1500 of which only a small fraction paid to get in, they should be up front about that as well, if they were honest about that I would still acknowledge that getting 1500 punters in the stadium on a Friday night is a good effort, freebies or not.

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Personally I have no seethe or particular ill will towards them. I’ve never listened to their podcast and I wouldn’t recognise Si Ferry if he nutmegged me in the street.

If they have pulled a crowd of 1500 paying punters through the clever use of social media and their obvious clout with that, fair play to them.

If they have pulled a crowd of 1500 of which only a small fraction paid to get in, they should be up front about that as well, if they were honest about that I would still acknowledge that getting 1500 punters in the stadium on a Friday night is a good effort, freebies or not.

You have absoloutly no evidence either way to suggest that they never pulled in them numbers as paying customers.

But it suits your narrative to downplay them straight away. 
Which in turn makes it look like (regardless of you not being able to recognise si ferry if he pegged you in the street) that you have a bit of an axe to grind with the club.

Or maybe its a bit of the green eyed monster coming out, that a no mark boys club, has the audacity to try to show a bit of ambition, while you watch your own club stuck in reverse?

14 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

You have absoloutly no evidence either way to suggest that they never pulled in them numbers as paying customers.

But it suits your narrative to downplay them straight away. 
Which in turn makes it look like (regardless of you not being able to recognise si ferry if he pegged you in the street) that you have a bit of an axe to grind with the club.

Or maybe its a bit of the green eyed monster coming out, that a no mark boys club, has the audacity to try to show a bit of ambition, while you watch your own club stuck in reverse?

It is true I don’t, but I explained a few posts up thread why anyone looking at it objectively would seem the likelihood of 1500 people all of a sudden wanting to pay to go to a Broomhill game on a Friday night, against Brora, is quite low.

If the club confirmed , that apart from the usual small amount of complementaries that you would always get, that the full crowd paid, I’d be happy to say I got it wrong.

As I said, I have no axe to grind with Broomhill or anyone, and being honest until May 2022 I paid very little attention to Scottish football below League 2, which was my loss as the ‘non-leagues’ in their different forms up here are incredibly interesting.

As for Cowdenbeath, well, that’s a whole different thread entirely and as I am sure you have dipped into the general Cowden thread, you know the problems the club is facing.

Edited by Cowdenleith

18 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

What exactly is the ambition?

Broomhill and Cowdenbeath would have started the season with the exact same ambition of getting promoted to the SPFL.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It is true I don’t, but I explained a few posts up thread why anyone looking at it objectively would seem the likelihood of 1500 people all of a sudden wanting to pay to go to a Broomhill game on a Friday night, against Brora, is quite low.

If the club confirmed , that apart from the usual small amount of complementaries that you would always get, that the full crowd paid, I’d be happy to say I got it wrong.

As I said, I have no axe to grind with Broomhill or anyone, and being honest until May 2022 I paid very little attention to Scottish football below League 2, which was my loss as the ‘non-leagues’ in their different forms up here are incredibly interesting.

As for Cowdenbeath, well, that’s a whole different thread entirely and as I am sure you have dipped into the general Cowden thread, you know the problems the club is facing.

Broomhill as a club dont need to confirm this though. 
I’ve yet to see any club come out and have to confirm something like that so i dont see why they would have to.

As for your own club. I wasn’t directing that last post straight at cowdenbeath. Was just meaning in general. I have been in the thread and its a shit situation. Unlike some folk on here, i dont enjoy watching any team suffering. Hopefully yours can turn the corner, get something sorted with the home ground and start to thrive again. 
Its just such a scottish thing to try and tear clubs down instead of maybe looking at the positives sometimes.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Broomhill and Cowdenbeath would have started the season with the exact same ambition of getting promoted to the SPFL.

‘Ambition’ is just a byword for we are getting bankrolled by some dodgy individual 

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Ambition is striving to do things better. Wether thats on the pitch. Performaning better. Getting better results. Or how they work to get fans in. Simply trying to be the best they can be in all aspects is showing ambition. 

And having a dodgy individual to bankroll helps too. 
Craigiemack chokes for sketchy individuals to take an intrest in the shire.

26 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bo'ness United v Auchinleck Talbot

Dalbeattie v Darvel

East Kilbride v Caley Braves

Gretna v Drumchapel

Linlithgow Rose v Spartans

Buckie v OG Broomhill

Dunbar v University of Stirling

Guaranteed one LL team in 3rd round.....wonder how many more will feel confident ?

talbot

Darvel

East kilbride

Drumchapel

Spartans

Broomhill

Uni