Away fans should get the end of the Cowshed.  Makes for a better atmosphere, gives them a roof over their heads which the WDE doesn't, and for those who need to sit, that would leave more room in the main stand, probably enough to let everyone put their feet over on to the seat in front.  I fail to see what additional costs would be incurred with that arrangement, and the cost would probably be more than covered by making the match experience more attractive to away fans.  How many £22s does it take to pay for 1 more steward if that is even needed?

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

You were given that and your fans decided to run onto the park. Whose fault is this exactly? 

Pitch invasions are a separate issue and should be dealt with appropriately by the authorities, wherever they occur. However, as expected, in your usual obnoxious tone, you concentrate on winning the smart ass award instead of addressing the issue. I pointed out that this situation occurs at many grounds we visit and it also happens when teams visit Somerset Park. Maybe the reason you can't see that this is a genuine issue is because you're squeezed into a corner of this thread and you don't have a very good view.  

You're spot on there, Jeff. I know that Roy Provan is in close contact with opposition clubs ahead of all fixtures to exchange information about numbers, security concerns, etc. The problem with all of our clubs being 'prudent' is that it is to the detriment of the supporters. The priority is to minimise the cost and inconvenience to the home club and this trumps the comfort and experience of the paying customers. Therefore, jamming supporters into a corner of the ground, leaving large areas of the ground empty, is preferable to the pain in the neck of welcoming fans and creating a better atmosphere. 

1 hour ago, Cutty Old said:

Pitch invasions are a separate issue and should be dealt with appropriately by the authorities, wherever they occur. 

And who should pay for dealing with this issue and the additional costs of hiring stewards every two metres because football fans have proven that they can't regulate their own behaviour?

How many does the section of the stand that we're getting hold ?

I'd assume we'd be taking at least 500 through for this ??

High winds and torrential rain also forecast, so perhaps it's just as well we're not in the WDE !!

Edited by WATTOO

7 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I revise my earlier post. The main stand is inhumane, get these poor Ayr fans in the WDE. Cost should be no obstruction to treating people correctly.

GiGi's  seen the weather forecast for tomorrow.... Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

Edited by TONTROOPER

10 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I revise my earlier post. The main stand is inhumane, get these poor Ayr fans in the WDE. Cost should be no obstruction to treating people correctly.

Harsh.....

59 minutes ago, virginton said:

And who should pay for dealing with this issue and the additional costs of hiring stewards every two metres because football fans have proven that they can't regulate their own behaviour?

The staffing requirements for a match are the responsibility of the home club. The costs, additional or not are also the responsibility of the home club. Should the home club find it too difficult to deal with the issue of pitch invasions, they would be well advised to seek advice from the police. Liaison with the security adviser of the away club would also help in identifying transgressors to ensure that appropriate action is taken to deal with them and eradicate the problem. If the home club are unable to deal with this, perhaps they shouldn't be running a football club. 

Most clubs have shied away from having police deployed at matches because of the costs. Instead, they pay a pittance to stewards who are not equipped to deal with pitch invasions.

Unfortunately, some supporters adopt tribal allegiances to respond to the problem. I would suggest that you have a preference for punishing 500 people for the actions of a few people, especially if Morton are the home club, due to that narrow mindset. 

My opinion is not an attack on Morton. I just believe that spectators at away games are treated with contempt. Sadly, some fans are so caught up in their tribal allegiances that they ignore the main issue to focus on the opportunity to have a go at their rivals. 

Just now, Cutty Old said:

The staffing requirements for a match are the responsibility of the home club. The costs, additional or not are also the responsibility of the home club. Should the home club find it too difficult to deal with the issue of pitch invasions, they would be well advised to seek advice from the police. Liaison with the security adviser of the away club would also help in identifying transgressors to ensure that appropriate action is taken to deal with them and eradicate the problem. If the home club are unable to deal with this, perhaps they shouldn't be running a football club. 

Or instead of doing all this, they could just punt the away fans in an alternative area where pitch invasions will not happen. Problem solved.

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

You'd think that Ayr fans were being put in some inhumane corner of the ground rather than a stand that hundreds of Morton fans actively choose to sit in every week. 

At 6ft 2 I wouldn't choose to sit there if I had the choice but any time I've had to I've managed to get through it absolutely fine without PTSD at the end of it. 

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Or instead of doing all this, they could just punt the away fans in an alternative area where pitch invasions will not happen. Problem solved.

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

Surprise, surprise. virginton reverts to attempts at being a smart ass to deflect from his inability to engage in sensible debate. Quick VT, get another red dot in before they run out. 

I think the point that some are missing here is that the clubs are supposed to be ATTRACTING the fans and NEED their £22 (or whatever it is they charge).

Ultimately if you treat your customers with utter contempt then you will very soon find yourself going out of business.......

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think the point that some are missing here is that the clubs are supposed to be ATTRACTING the fans and NEED their £22 (or whatever it is they charge).

Ultimately if you treat your customers with utter contempt then you will very soon find yourself going out of business.......

Apparently not, Wattoo. They've been treating us like this for decades and we've just been putting up with it. 

I can live with being in the main stand, but fed up trying to work out what the actual ticketing arrangements are.  We’ve to enter by the WDE end but not clear if you can pay at the gate or if you need to buy a ticket from the ticket office.  Where is the ticket office?  If I show up at the WDE, will I have to circumnavigate the ground at five to 3 to buy one?  If I buy online do I get an e-ticket or do I still have to pick up the ticket?  And if the stand does overflow, am I really going to be charged £22 for an undercover seat only to find myself standing out in the pissing rain on the WDE?  No idea if an overflow is likely but, 500+ away fans is possible so would be interesting to know how many seats are allocated for away fans.

Not just a grievance against Morton.  The clubs at out level need a collective boot up the arse crack on the whole issue of ticketing and general treatment of the paying public..  Actively discouraging people to attend is just daft.  And I don’t exclude Ayr from this.  Our decision to stick the Accies fans in the main stand a couple of weeks back to accommodate a cringey “family fun day”  was a poor show.  We can hardly sell ourselves as one of the best away days in Scottish football then pull a dick move like that.