8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He was claiming every throw-in and free kick so he's probably just being consistent and claiming that all of yesterday's goals were Morton's as well.

3 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

That referee, which is the one we had at Annan who lost his shit in the last 15 minutes, was incompetent beyond belief.

It's a well thrown about phrase to say "He's the worst I've ever seen". On this occasion, I think it's justified and that's for both teams.

He played 5 minutes and 10 seconds of stoppage time at the end of that game. Absolute headcase.

Aye he was fucking hopeless. Swaggering about the park with his chest pushed out. c**t needs ti be told it's not all about him.

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

A bit harsh on Blues.

Kabila looks great in warm up, as always, cleanly net in practice, but more than hopeless when the game starts.

Feel his confidence evaporates no more than the example when clean through and fluffed his chance mid 2nd half. While he might have thought he was off side should have finished at left it to the fanny running the stand side to make a decision,which would never have happend.

All in all happy with how the season is going and as some Ayr fans are thinking maybe some cash coming their way as as No 9 upgrades to St Mirren or Motherwell in the January sales.

I'd be very surprised verging on shocked if this was to happen, given that we have him on a 2 year deal and have no need at all for the money.

It would realistically take a £300k+ bid to even have us interested (although I'd be thinking more like £500k+) and I'd very much doubt if the two mentioned clubs would come up with that sort of cash !!

13 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

All that hassle getting a ticket online only to be told "we don't do scanning". Could have easily flashed last season's ticket at the turnstile bloke. 

It just shows what a tinpot outfit they really are.

4 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

That referee, which is the one we had at Annan who lost his shit in the last 15 minutes, was incompetent beyond belief.

It's a well thrown about phrase to say "He's the worst I've ever seen". On this occasion, I think it's justified and that's for both teams.

He played 5 minutes and 10 seconds of stoppage time at the end of that game. Absolute headcase.

The referee was terrible all round, but the ball wasn't actually in play for the first 2 minutes of time added on. By the time the Ayr player had got up, the ref had re-measured the distance to the wall, and realised that Ayr were making a sub (and it was a slow sub), that was 2 minutes that the ball had been out of play. 

Which, to be fair to Ayr, was brilliant game management. They played every trick in the one move and completely broke up the game. To Bullen's credit, the players all know what they're doing, and were well drilled and organised all round. 

We could easily have scored three between Crawford & Kabias' chances, Quitongo diving rather than shooting and a couple of goal line clearances from corners, while as well taken as both were by Ayr, from a Morton perspective both goals were preventable. That doesn't translate into deserving to win though, it's the consequence of Ayr being a better and more clinical team.

Toss up for the worst refereeing decision was between waving play on after Quitongo launched Houston into the Cowshed with a two handed shove, as blatant a foul as you'll ever see seemingly being a fair use of his body, and the Ayr freekick right on half time when Kirk launched himself at the ball attempting to head it clear with no Morton player within a yard of him, made an arse of connecting with it then got a freekick for it. Some laugh.

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

His actual post-match (written) response is that we could have been 3-0 up at half time but a lack of composure cost us. And that Ayr took their chances and deserved to win.

I wouldn't agree about three goals by half time but we quite clearly should have scored more with the gilt-edged chances that were passed up. 

1 hour ago, Calayrdonia said:

Was there no match day programme yesterday? Very unlike Morton, who were doing them even during covid.

Stopped as they were not cost-effective. No real issue with the decision, but in typical Morton style we found out at 2pm via social media, prior to our first home league game of the season.

There may be the odd issue released on "special occasions".

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Stopped as they were not cost-effective. No real issue with the decision, but in typical Morton style we found out at 2pm via social media, prior to our first home league game of the season.

There may be the odd issue released on "special occasions".

Ah, that's a real shame. Ayr stopped when Covid hit, but have started them back up again at the start of this season and they've been extremely popular. It's just part of the match day experience for me, and I'm so glad that in this digital world, some traditional things that aren't online, can still survive.

The danger in whining about missed chances as a manager is that it's your job to get the players to stop fluffing their lines. Before Akinyemi got his shooting boots laced right (right as the season began, fortunately) it was almost looking like there would be a running joke as to when if ever he'd finally score a goal, such were the dozens and dozens of missed opportunities in the League Cup.

Likewise, it's probably far more sensible to whine about missed chances for players who are demonstrably good enough to have made them (the aforementioned Akinyemi) and not the same jobbers who have been missing them for years. But then I'm no football manager.

35 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

To be fair the missed chances continued into our first game v Arbroath, now looking like two points dropped.

It looked a great result at the time but a poor one now. It's strange to say it but McKenzie coming in to the side has transformed us.

47 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

It looked a great result at the time but a poor one now.

A poor result would have been getting beat. They might be at the foot of the table but five of their six games so far have been against the top five. I don't know that it was a "great result" at the time anyway, so much as that a mediocre draw against a team in the same division is at least a step up from getting ridden senseless by a team destined to stink up the bottom half of the league below.

15 hours ago, WATTOO said:

We have decent quality and strength in depth throughout the squad, as such I see no reason at all why we'd fall away.

Yes, we'll lose games, of course we will, however there's no outstanding teams in this league and we've already shown over the first 6 matches that we've nothing to fear from anyone including a comprehensive victory over the league favourites.

If we're going to "fall away to mid table at best", then WHO are all the sides who're going to finish above us ????

It's obviously an educated guess going on recent and slightly longer term history but I'd suggest Thistle, Dundee and Inverness for starters.  Queens Park may still improve further, plus ourselves and Raith may pick up.  Its far too early in the season to start squawking about winning leagues.

On 05/09/2022 at 01:14, LargsTON said:

It's obviously an educated guess going on recent and slightly longer term history but I'd suggest Thistle, Dundee and Inverness for starters.  Queens Park may still improve further, plus ourselves and Raith may pick up.  Its far too early in the season to start squawking about winning leagues.

90474601-2B33-4E19-970C-814228044632.gif