Reallygood game and Morton played there part a really strong physical side who work on getting into the box with the long ball and play off it, if they get a striker they will be there about. We showed we can match that physicality today with a good team display but these guys are really going for it which is very encouraging. On to uncle Ian’s team next week would love to put him in his place but again I think it will be tight. And Viking ton I haven’t changed my mind the corner stand set up is S———e, but have to eat humble pie the toilet set up there has vastly improved, didnae eat from the burger van but it seemed busy enough .

Surprised to see anybody thought we played ok today; I thought we were average/acceptable until the first goal went in… and utterly rank after that.

The way we set up - and the options we have available - mean we look clueless as soon as we go a goal down.

I hope Imrie takes a consistent line with players turning in unacceptable performances: Blues, Kabia, and Muirhead were passengers today and shouldn’t be starting the next game under any circumstances (Quitongo wasn’t much better, but at least has the excuse that we gave him f**k all to work with).

Found myself wondering if Imrie was once again making a point by being so late with the subs and only changing the full-backs. Either way, time for this pish to stop; we’re six games in and we need options/competition for places asap.

Admittedly I wasn't at Raith so can't compare the performance but shocked to see people saying we weren't that bad today; that was absolutely fucking rancid. Yes, we might have won that game 5-2 if we actually had a goalscorer but we don't and therefore losing is down to gross incompetence, not bad luck. Ayr have forwards who will put the chances they're given away while we have Jaze Kabia being put clean through and standing still for five seconds. Fucking useless.

Swap Akinyemi with one of Kabia or Muirhead and it becomes a Morton win, swap Andy Murdoch with Cameron Blues and we would probably win 6-0, but snake McKinnon let Murdoch go a long time ago. Until we replace players who can only dream of being good enough for League One like Blues with actual footballers like Murdoch we'll continue to aspire to 7th at best.

Edited by Dunning1874

26 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Not miles better. The difference was you guys have goals in your team. Deserved win today as I said.

We weren’t miles better, but we were better than Morton in every area of the park. More quality and cutting edge up front, more resilient defensively and more hardworking and competitive in the middle of the park.  Hard to believe you guys freed Andy Murdoch - I wouldn’t swap him for any midfielder in the division,  

Morton were well organised and will cause teams bother at long throws and set pieces, but otherwise looked very limited.

That referee, which is the one we had at Annan who lost his shit in the last 15 minutes, was incompetent beyond belief.

It's a well thrown about phrase to say "He's the worst I've ever seen". On this occasion, I think it's justified and that's for both teams.

He played 5 minutes and 10 seconds of stoppage time at the end of that game. Absolute headcase.

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 hours ago, LargsTON said:
You'll drop away and finish mid table at best.  

Mid table is 4/5th after the last few years I think most of us would be absolutely delighted with that.

We have decent quality and strength in depth throughout the squad, as such I see no reason at all why we'd fall away.

Yes, we'll lose games, of course we will, however there's no outstanding teams in this league and we've already shown over the first 6 matches that we've nothing to fear from anyone including a comprehensive victory over the league favourites.

If we're going to "fall away to mid table at best", then WHO are all the sides who're going to finish above us ????

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Swap Akinyemi with one of Kabia or Muirhead and it becomes a Morton win, swap Andy Murdoch with the wage thief Cameron Blues and we would probably win 6-0, but snake McKinnon let Murdoch go a long time ago. Until we replace utter charlatans who can only dream of being good enough for League One like Blues with actual footballers like Murdoch we'll continue to aspire to 7th at best.

Did Blues not save your arses in the relegation playoffs?

16 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Toss up for Ayr's man of the match there between Blues and Kabia. We need signings urgently to get total impostors like those two out the team.

A bit harsh on Blues.

Kabila looks great in warm up, as always, cleanly net in practice, but more than hopeless when the game starts.

Feel his confidence evaporates no more than the example when clean through and fluffed his chance mid 2nd half. While he might have thought he was off side should have finished at left it to the fanny running the stand side to make a decision,which would never have happend.

All in all happy with how the season is going and as some Ayr fans are thinking maybe some cash coming their way as as No 9 upgrades to St Mirren or Motherwell in the January sales.

I've gone back and edited that post as my wording was over the top in posting while pished.

We do absolutely need Blues and Kabia dropped next week though. Neither have been close to good enough throughout the season so far and other players have been sent out on loan for performances nowhere near as bad as the two of them yesterday. Strapp in for Blues with King moved into midfield, and if no signings have arrived McGregor can't be any worse than Kabia was.

We started well and had more of the pressure and better chances. Crawford pulled a decent save from Ayr's keeper but could have done better; Kabia's miss at the start of the second was criminal. For the second home game in a row, that pea-hearted sand dancer has cost us points and he shouldn't start another game for this club. Falkirk and the seaside leagues are his level.

We were never dominant though and Ayr showed the better quality to convert their chances when they came. This was assisted by Cameron Blues' schoolboy defending for the first goal - an absolute fraud of a 'midfielder', who should be shipped out to winless East Stirling. 

On another day we could well have won that game but the main concern for me is our complete lack of a plan B once we went behind and had to chase the game. I don't think we'll be in that position a lot as we are organised and competitive every week, but we need to do better than that truly gormless effort to turn the game around in the second half yesterday.