I can totally understand Ayr fans preferring to be in the WDE or Cowshed. I'm sure if or when that part of the Cowshed becomes available again, they will be over there. 

But, just to be totally clear, that area of the main stand holds 800 seats. And in today's weather is probably a better option than the WDE. I totally understand grumbles about not being in the Cowshed, but there are loads of other grounds in Scotland with similar arrangements for away fans. 

Remember O'Connor was carrying an ankle knock before last weeks game against Dundee and after he went off he was visabilly limping so can't see him lasting 90 minutes 

I reckon they’ll see if they can give him an hour then maybe introduce Mullin for the last thirty minutes or so. Will all depend on how the game is going.

21 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I can totally understand Ayr fans preferring to be in the WDE or Cowshed. I'm sure if or when that part of the Cowshed becomes available again, they will be over there. 

But, just to be totally clear, that area of the main stand holds 800 seats. And in today's weather is probably a better option than the WDE. I totally understand grumbles about not being in the Cowshed, but there are loads of other grounds in Scotland with similar arrangements for away fans. 

It’s not being in the stand that’s the issue , it’s the leg room which is shocking 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s not being in the stand that’s the issue , it’s the leg room which is shocking 

I'll be honest. I was in there for a game last season (COVID restrictions) and fell over the seats in front when attempting to celebrate a goal. I get that it's tight. Overall, though, it's similar to the main stand at Firhill, for example - not terribly comfortable, and I'd rather be standing, but not actually that dissimilar to many other grounds. I'd much rather have been in the Cowshed, but I still thoroughly enjoyed watching us from the main stand hammering Dunfermline last year. I was about in line with the 18 yard box. The view was fine and it's not spacious (I did deck it over the chairs in front) but it's not exactly torturous. 

In terms of comparison. A better view than anywhere in the away end at Somerset, but not as nice as being able to stand. Again, totally put it to Morton that you'd rather be in the Cowshed (and please do complain about the ticket website) but I had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon the last time I was in the main stand. It's not exactly torturous. 

Obvious and consistent lineup as expected from Morton.

Strapp to come on after an hour to boot Akinyemi about when we are already 3-0 up (OK, being serious, 1-0, Gillespie penalty after a McGinty howler).

Edited by Jamie_M