Anyway, pages long stadium chat aside, the team picks itself here with no new signings in. Going to be some laugh if Blues or Gillespie get an injury or just have a mare with Lyon going on loan before a new signing has come in, and we'll probably see McGregor off the bench at some point as well.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This is back to the tribalism point again, because again this is something that's not only not a Morton issue alone but something that's a bigger issue at Somerset,  and therefore chastising Morton for it when Ayr do it for every home game doesn't stand up unless you give them equal criticism. It's true that the away section of the main stand at Cappielow, as well as being the least comfortable option (although with the rain today it'll be much better than being behind the goal) also has a poorer view than the WDE or Cowshed.

That stand also has a better view than every away terrace at Somerset though, where unless you're right at the top of the North terrace (and in turn having to watch through a fence rather than dodge a pillar as at Cappielow) the elevation is so poor you can never clearly see what's going on in the box at the Somerset Road End, and from behind the goal you can barely make out what's happening across the halfway line.

I greatly enjoy a trip to Someerset because being guaranteed access to terracing is great when so many clubs at this level have all seaters, so admittedly I have never sat in the stand which probably does have a decent view. Point is though with the exception of the online ticketing which every Morton fan agrees is a mess that the club needs to fix - over a year into new ownership they can't be blaming inheriting it from the previous regime any more - pretty much every criticism levelled at Morton for Cappielow can be levelled at Ayr for Somerset.

I don’t disagree that the criticism can and should be pointed at all clubs in this league. However, this coupled with the online ticketing fiasco and the fact that they are charging over the odds imo at £22 means that Morton are one of the worst offenders I’m afraid.

I think we should also be looking to start this without changes. After the last couple of performances I don't think anyone really deserves to be dropped.

Bullen may decide to throw Mullin in for O'Connor but I think the Irish Messi has been decent recently and deserves his spot. It's shows how far McGinty has come on that you almost feel slightly bad for him missing out in recent weeks, but Kirk and Musonda have looked solid so probably wouldn't change that. A few weeks ago I was favouring McCallister for RB but now can't really chose between him and Houston. Will be interesting to see if he keeps Ashford out wide as well (suspect he will and don't really have a problem with that) or gives Mitchell-Lawson a start. Rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

Looking forward to this and don't really know what to expect from Morton. 

Morton 1-2 Ayr

Akinyemi and O'Connor

Edited by AuAl

42 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'd pay £32 and stand in the pissing rain to watch the super remain top of the league today.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Ironically, this is part of the problem. Football supporters are not normal consumers in this regard. It is the strangest thing, I shop around for everything to get the best price but for the football I just tend to accept it for what it is.

Literally every club is guilty of taking supporters for granted to varying degrees and not improving the match day experience (particularly for away fans but even for home fans!).

I’d be sticking Morton in the stand on their next visit to Somerset. If there is an overspill let them have the wee section under their area of the stand. 

I said before that it’s utterly ridiculous that we open the Railway End to away fans when most teams can’t even fill a bus. Let home fans in there and restrict away fans to the corner of the main stand.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d be sticking Morton in the stand on their next visit to Somerset. If there is an overspill let them have the wee section under their area of the stand. 

I can understand that view but on reflection I'd rather retain the moral high ground over them tbh. Better not to stoop to their level.

There are times when away supports should go in the stand at Somerset - anything up to 300 supporters they should be put in the stand and we should get the railway end.

I saw someone drawing an equivalence to Morton sticking us in the stand and us puting Hamilton in the stand. The difference being Hamilton don't travel. Housing them in the stand is eminently sensible. It's not like they were in danger of filling it.

In terms of lineup, it's got to be the same team that starts (unless there are injuries):

Albinson

Reading Musonda Kirk Houston 

O'Connor Murdoch Dempsey Ashford

McKenzie Dipo

We also have a decent bench to call on. I'd like to see Mullin, JML and Bangala getting some decent minutes. Depending how the match is going.

21 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t disagree that the criticism can and should be pointed at all clubs in this league. However, this coupled with the online ticketing fiasco and the fact that they are charging over the odds imo at £22 means that Morton are one of the worst offenders I’m afraid.

£22 for a Championship football game is an eye-watering sum (the worst part is actually what they charge for over-12s), so that's understandable.

On the other hand, price inflation is squeezing football clubs just as much as any other business - a 10% increase on the gate price is a sensible move from a business perspective. There's no white knight to pick up the tab at GMFC anymore - the people running the club have to break even as a business. 

I think we'll see away supports in particular sloughing off this season between ticket prices and costs of transport, but that's tied into a wider financial shit storm that most clubs will be lucky to emerge intact from. 

On the game itself, the main worry is that both our first team and bench aren’t in better nick, which would make me more confident about dishing out the gubbing the Ayr support so richly deserve.

A draw, maybe 2-2, is an acceptable and pretty likely outcome.

If we’re going to produce an unexpected, Dunfermline-style hounding at some point, tho, today would be as good a day as any…

20 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Greenock’s unique sprinkler system is already fully operative and is scheduled for maximal efficiency between the hours of three and five.

Enjoy your day.

We got this. 

tumblr_msqecbmgwQ1rmz3qpo1_500.gif

Back to the game if it not broke don't fix it same first 11 please the bench though will be a lot stronger with JML, Bangala getting up to speed, McGinty and the new lads Mullen and Young giving Bullen more options and not just Kids I'd take a point just now keep the momentum going but with the way we are playing and the confidence in the squad can see us wining 2-1

2613e969be7c6ab7f3cc3b1cb8f0f167.jpg

57 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Back to the game if it broke don't fix it same first 11 please the bench though will be a lot stronger with JML, Bangala getting up to speed, McGinty and the new lads Mullen and Young giving Bullen more options and not just Kids I'd take a point just now keep the momentum going but with the way we are playing and the confidence in the squad can see us wining 2-1

2613e969be7c6ab7f3cc3b1cb8f0f167.jpg

Was that not David Hopkins motto?