7 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's utterly terrible. On the other hand, I don't think it asks away fans if they'd like to make a donation to Ayr United like the last time I used your club's nick of an effort.  

At least we used a website for a donation, your tinpot club used buckets. 

Deliberating all week but due to my grandson pestering me  saying we must support the team I’m going, but I would say this to Morton fc get a grip you are providing a service to the public and  your stand stuck in the corner does not provide that, disgraceful set up cramped horrible set up with  a burger van and toilets to match.

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I would say this to Morton fc get a grip you are providing a service to the public 

Literally not true. Although if we could be funded as part of the council tax then that would be superb. 

Do you normally have this meltdown about your own club's very similar facilities on a fortnightly basis? A simple yes or no answer will suffice. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It's utterly terrible. On the other hand, I don't think it asks away fans if they'd like to make a donation to Ayr United like the last time I used your club's nick of an effort.  

It's been a while but I think it was "swing and a miss".  

Screenshot_20220902-224940.thumb.png.08b840477dce7a9aee57d32c96129951.png

The position on this keeps changing from Morton fans:

• It was Ayr's fault as they gave an estimate of too few fans
  • It is to save on stewarding
  • It is to guard against pitch invasions
  • This has always been the policy nothing has changed
  • You treat away fans the same way

Deflection and obfuscation.

As it is I may end up going to this. I'd be gutted to miss us puting five past them with Dipo leaving Baird on his arse.

Thank you

Weird that I've been on this site for far longer than I'd ever care to admit and there's never been an actual issue with away fans attending a game at cappielow until Ayr this season, including dozens of games vs Ayr. 

Bonnyrigg, Cove and Dundee fans managed it fine this season also without having a nervous breakdown. 

On 30/08/2022 at 19:08, Trogdor said:

100% I was going to this but I'll be on the fence if it's the main stand. What an utter nonsense. I don't like being folded over with my knees touching my chin.

On 01/09/2022 at 14:28, Trogdor said:

Have Greenock Morton opened behind the goals or the bit of the Cowshed? My £22 is at stake and you need every penny. Get it open!

On 01/09/2022 at 20:10, Trogdor said:

Four of us not going now as its the main stand. A truly bizarre decision. I hope we reciprocate when Morton are at Somerset.

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The position on this keeps changing from Morton fans:

• It was Ayr's fault as they gave an estimate of too few fans
  • It is to save on stewarding
  • It is to guard against pitch invasions
  • This has always been the policy nothing has changed
  • You treat away fans the same way

Deflection and obfuscation.

As it is I may end up going to this. I'd be gutted to miss us puting five past them with Dipo leaving Baird on his arse.

Thank you

Only one position I can see that keeps changing around here. And yet one straightforward fact remains permanent. 

nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif.4d51e7fd37a0ed16ef2f9edd2a7a1111.gif

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Literally not true I’ll gladly meet you tomorrow to come experience what you are delivering 2 30 outside the away turnstiles and give us a clue who you are.

If you want a 'burger van and shite toilets' experience then just go through the away turnstiles at your own ground 18 times per season. 

No Morton fan gives a shit about this at Somerset Park and yet you seem to think you're somehow slumming it by being in the away end at Cappielow. Fooling absolutely no-one. 

Edited by vikingTON

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

If you want to experience a 'burger van and shite toilets' experience then go through the away turnstiles at your own ground 18 times per season. 

No Morton fan gives a shit about this at Somerset Park and yet you seem to think you're somehow slumming it by being in the away end at Cappielow. Fooling absolutely no-one. 

Harsh.

I thoroughly enjoyed my last visit to Somerset Park… eh, sorry, the Wanda Metropolitano in Ayr.

Based on some of these comments, I feel some of our fans must have an over inflated impression of what Somerset Park must be like for away supporters, especially if they're stuck in the main stand. I don't really get the heads gone tbh. I like Cappielow and my personal preference would be the cowshed, but I hardly think we're in a position to talk shite about other clubs grounds/facilities.

The website however is a complete shambles, as has been agreed with by all Morton fans here. Can pay at the gate though so that's alright. 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Literally not true I’ll gladly meet you tomorrow to come experience what you are delivering 2 30 outside the away turnstiles and give us a clue who you are.

And miss my padded foot step and champagne reception in the cowshed? I will kindly reject your invitation but thanks for the offer. 

6 hours ago, AuAl said:

Based on some of these comments, I feel some of our fans must have an over inflated impression of what Somerset Park must be like for away supporters, especially if they're stuck in the main stand. I don't really get the heads gone tbh. I like Cappielow and my personal preference would be the cowshed, but I hardly think we're in a position to talk shite about other clubs grounds/facilities.

The website however is a complete shambles, as has been agreed with by all Morton fans here. Can pay at the gate though so that's alright. 

A sensible post.

Cappielow isn't perfect and neither is Somerset.

Crux of the matter is if Fans want to go to the game then go and support your team. If not then shut the f**k up, get off your high horse.

What everyone, especially Morton fans,  are missing here is the fact that football is in the entertainment business. They have to compete with other options for people’s limited budget. The £22 entry to be crammed into a poor seat with restricted viewing is just not acceptable any more and the “pay up or shut up” attitude by home fans will only see the continued decline in attendance at games.

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What everyone, especially Morton fans,  are missing here is the fact that football is in the entertainment business. They have to compete with other options for people’s limited budget. The £22 entry to be crammed into a poor seat with restricted viewing is just not acceptable any more and the “pay up or shut up” attitude by home fans will only see the continued decline in attendance at games.

This is back to the tribalism point again, because again this is something that's not only not a Morton issue alone but something that's a bigger issue at Somerset,  and therefore chastising Morton for it when Ayr do it for every home game doesn't stand up unless you give them equal criticism. It's true that the away section of the main stand at Cappielow, as well as being the least comfortable option (although with the rain today it'll be much better than being behind the goal) also has a poorer view than the WDE or Cowshed.

That stand also has a better view than every away terrace at Somerset though, where unless you're right at the top of the North terrace (and in turn having to watch through a fence rather than dodge a pillar as at Cappielow) the elevation is so poor you can never clearly see what's going on in the box at the Somerset Road End, and from behind the goal you can barely make out what's happening across the halfway line.

I greatly enjoy a trip to Someerset because being guaranteed access to terracing is great when so many clubs at this level have all seaters, so admittedly I have never sat in the stand which probably does have a decent view. Point is though with the exception of the online ticketing which every Morton fan agrees is a mess that the club needs to fix - over a year into new ownership they can't be blaming inheriting it from the previous regime any more - pretty much every criticism levelled at Morton for Cappielow can be levelled at Ayr for Somerset.