24 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

My memory is atrocious for individual games but I've been to Morton away the last half dozen times in a row at least, and we admittedly are not usually behind the goals. We get a small area of the cowshed (nearest behind the goals) and then there's the select very few who walk round and sit in the main stand, but the vast majority are in the cowshed always. 

So, I understand us not getting behind the goals, but why are we all of a sudden not getting the small part of the cowshed we always get?

Our website is atrocious at the best of times nevermind searching for something historic but I only had to go as far back to our match on 4th Dec 2021 (there's been one cappielow match between then and now) to find the ticket information for Ayr away fans that states you will be situated in sections F&G of the main stand while the match after that states that you'd be in the cowshed as that was a period when the club were trying it out again. 

You're very much mistaken if you remember being in the cowshed half a dozen times in recent years. The trials of away fans in the cowshed that have happened very speradically over the past 20+ years have never even lasted a full season, nevermind you having been to three seasons worth of cowshed access away games in a row (unless you enjoy coming to watch other teams playing Morton) 

Screenshot_20220902-180011_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Baird was absolute shite for us in his first season, but was largely fine last season. At the time it was hugely unfair that he was dropped over McGinty, but it was obviously the correct decision. 

Dipo will give every centre half in this league a hard time when he is on his game - if Morton sit deeper and are compact he will obviously find it harder though. 

Im interested to see Crawford and Dempsey play against each other too. Both with huge amounts of energy - Crawford with more skill but Dempsey with more aggression and drive. 

We have the best defence in the league so far and we've conceded half the amount of goals as the 2nd best defence in the league this season and Baird has been a part of that so he's doing absolutely fine. 

Obviously that means we will get pumped 6-0 with 4x Baird own goals tomorrow now I've stated that but up until now he's been good. 

37 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

My memory is atrocious for individual games but I've been to Morton away the last half dozen times in a row at least, and we admittedly are not usually behind the goals. We get a small area of the cowshed (nearest behind the goals) and then there's the select very few who walk round and sit in the main stand, but the vast majority are in the cowshed always. 

So, I understand us not getting behind the goals, but why are we all of a sudden not getting the small part of the cowshed we always get?

You were back in the Cowshed on the last visit, but were in the main stand on the visit before that (in December). You were in the WDE on the last pre-covid visit. Before that you were in the Cowshed, I think on your first couple of visits after promotion. 

Whatever the reasons, Falkirk and Dundee were given the WDE this season with supports which would've been placed in the end of the Cowshed in recent seasons (Cove and Bonyrigg were given the main stand). So it's not just you, it seems to be the decision this season. I'm guessing there's some sort of issue there - I can't actually remember if the club has commented on it. 

The club actually inconvenienced the home fans to give Ayr fans that end of the Cowshed last season, because we had to wait for the players to clear the field into the temporary away dressing room before we could leave at the end (otherwise we would've been able to leave by the WDE exit). So it's not as if the club hasn't been considerate of away fans in recent seasons. I guess they could explain the reasoning, but communication doesn't seem to be a strong point.

5 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

You were back in the Cowshed on the last visit, but were in the main stand on the visit before that (in December). You were in the WDE on the last pre-covid visit. Before that you were in the Cowshed, I think on your first couple of visits after promotion. 

Thanks for that. Knew I wasn't going crazy, and that we had been in it a fair few times.

It doesn't bother me, because I usually go in the Main Stand anyway, but I do feel that clubs can sometimes underestimate our away support. If it's within 60-90 minutes travel from Ayr, especially in summer time, we generally take about 500-600 fans. Which is why that section of the Main Stand might feel a tad crowded. Although if Sections F & G hold 600 combined, then there's no real issue I guess.

3 hours ago, port-ton said:

Screenshotted those comments in case you've a few idiots in the crowd tomorrow. At least when you're sitting in your jail cell you'll be used to cramped spaces already. 

That's you, that's what you look like. 

RandallWeems.jpg

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Yes, home clubs are quite clearly tasked with managing their events (which is exactly why Morton are doing what they’re doing tomorrow)… and away fans are tasked with learning to behave themselves if they want nice things.

Morton don’t discriminate against away fans, btw… they’ve treated their own fans badly (I.e. complacently) over many years. We agree this has to improve across the board; the unnecessary bleating on this thread and some of the selective arguments won’t help that, which is a point I and others have already made.

So because of one or two idiots you treat the entire away support as criminals ??

I should add that I don't mean "you" personally, more of an observation that ALL our clubs should be dealing with any clowns individually, whether that be referring them to the authorities / banning them etc as opposed to a blanket decision which penalises an entire away support due to the actions of a few clowns.

Edited by WATTOO

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There doesn't seem to be any facility online to purchase away end tickets ??

Only home and season tickets are options ?

Yeah, you just have to click the box saying that you are a Morton Supporter and then ensure you select the part of the stand that we are in (F and G) Possibly the worst website I’ve ever seen… 

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, you just have to click the box saying that you are a Morton Supporter and then ensure you select the part of the stand that we are in (F and G) Possibly the worst website I’ve ever seen… 

I think I'll sponsor the ball next time.......

19 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Too much hassle all this ticket nonsense, coupled with a £22 price tag I’ll stay at home this time.

It’s pay at the gate now. A bit of fan pressure and a threat of losing the black and white £ and Morton fold like a deck of cards.

Put a bit more pressure on and we could be given the WDE or the Cowshed. 

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Too much hassle all this ticket nonsense, coupled with a £22 price tag I’ll stay at home this time.

Hassle. Yeah, walking up to the gate and handing over your money. So much hassle.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s pay at the gate now. 

As it has been all week. "Tickets available at the gate" was pretty clear.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It's utterly terrible. On the other hand, I don't think it asks away fans if they'd like to make a donation to Ayr United like the last time I used your club's nick of an effort.  

11 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Hassle. Yeah, walking up to the gate and handing over your money. So much hassle.

As it has been all week. "Tickets available at the gate" was pretty clear.

The ticket hassle was that I was reading Ayr fans  were paying online and having issues with getting a valid ticket, this happened to me last season when I paid online and didn’t get a ticket and had to spend 15 minutes prior to the game trying to gain entry. Furthermore, £22 is OTT for Scottish championship IMO.