2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Paying fewer stewards to patrol Ayr fans in their stupid wee box > Lost revenue from Ayr fans' predictable tantrums. 

Having the good parts of Cappielow is a privilege, not a right, and you guys blew it. 

There are no good parts of Crappielow.

Edited by Buckfast

22 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a close run thing between Morton and Dundee fans on who’s the touchiest when away fans voice any criticism of their club.

This would be an excellent point if anyone was actually disputing that the main stand has terrible legroom and is a poorer place to watch football than the WDE or Cowshed, or disputing that the ticketing website is a shitshow which needs replaced. No one has, they've just explained why away supports get put there, unless there's a suggestion from the away club that they'll bring more fans than can be accommodated in the stand.

7 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Is there no legitimate way to pay for a stream outwith the half or full season ticket options?

There was until this week when the club changed it. They said its outwith their control and Raith force you to sign up for monthly subscription as well so not sure if its an SPFL directive or something that's making clubs not be able to sell individual matches anymore. Seems a bit backwards as its losing income from away fans who aren't going to pay for things like that. 

Might force you guys to take enough fans for the WDE end though so you win some you lose some. 

13 minutes ago, port-ton said:

There was until this week when the club changed it. They said its outwith their control and Raith force you to sign up for monthly subscription as well so not sure if its an SPFL directive or something that's making clubs not be able to sell individual matches anymore. Seems a bit backwards as its losing income from away fans who aren't going to pay for things like that. 

Might force you guys to take enough fans for the WDE end though so you win some you lose some. 

Fair enough. I suppose if I can get a 'stream' elsewhere I could always buy a ticket for your next home game to salve my conscience.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

As much as it's a shitty corner still go up and support the team ffs. 

Don’t know if there is an issue with the ticket system but it allowed my mate to order tickets for WDE , is that not behind the goals ? Or when we go to ticket office will they just give him tickets for the stand 

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Surprised that wee dublin end is still allowed to be used tbf, is the exact same as it has always been and is like what most other grounds had about 30 year ago and got condemned on safety grounds. 

Yes probably 40 years ago.

But I like going to Ayr takes me back to when my dad was a youth in 1950's

Hope you get into the Cowshed I love the atmosphere  and the opportunity for our young team to banjo a few of them.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Surprised it's taken this long for SPFL to understand how VPN works.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not on the visiting club to inform the home side of expected away crowd?

If so, being in that stand is probably on us. It's a shite bit of the ground but it is what it is. We tend to stick small away crowds at one end of our main stand, that can't be much better.

Will still enjoy the game, unless we lose, in which case I'll find a way to blame the main stand for our defeat.

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not on the visiting club to inform the home side of expected away crowd?

If so, being in that stand is probably on us. It's a shite bit of the ground but it is what it is. We tend to stick small away crowds at one end of our main stand, that can't be much better.

No, Morton bad. 

Either way telling away fans they'll be in the main stand is a self fulfilling prophecy. 

I can only imagine money wise there's not much difference between 500 fans in the main stand vs 6-700 in the WDE after the respective costs are counted for. 

9 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Surprised it's taken this long for SPFL to understand how VPN works.

I'll be interested to see if you can still use the season ticket code to access the live stream on a Saturday.  At the time I bought my season ticket, it was clear that you would be able to use it to stream live if you were outside the UK and Ireland.  If that has changed, I won't be terribly pleased.  It's ridiculous that the SFA, SPFL or whoever are hell bent of making it difficult to watch championship football online - it generates additional income as well as allowing people who can't reasonably attend in person (whether in Chicago, Colombia or Carwood Street) see their team.  I get it that the top tier games are subject to a Sky contract, but that doesn't apply to the lower divisions.  It's the 21st century ffs.  

This situation really beggars belief. We have two sets of supporters squabbling with one another about the extremely poor treatment of away supporters (customers) accommodation, with, in this particular case, Morton fans basing their arguments on the team they support. Cappielow has four sides and it might be a good idea to welcome away fans by dedicating an area to away fans where they have plenty of room and a good view of the action. As Ayr supporters we have had many situations where we have been shoehorned into a corner of an away ground with awful views of the match and sometimes not enough room for all of us to fit in. Meanwhile, large expanses of the ground is empty. Away supporters at Somerset suffer the same situation when they are often forced to sit in the far corner of the west stand. There should be less contention between rival fans and more of a joint insistence on every team’s fans being given consideration as paying customers. The argument that clubs need to keep their costs down is ludicrous. If any of our clubs cannot afford the cost of treating customers with a little dignity, maybe they shouldn’t be in the entertainment business. The bottom line in all of this is that Morton and Ayr fans, in this instance, should not be enemies, they should be supporting one another. 

7 minutes ago, Cutty Old said:

This situation really beggars belief. We have two sets of supporters squabbling with one another about the extremely poor treatment of away supporters (customers) accommodation, with, in this particular case, Morton fans basing their arguments on the team they support. Cappielow has four sides and it might be a good idea to welcome away fans by dedicating an area to away fans where they have plenty of room and a good view of the action. 

You were given that and your fans decided to run onto the park. Whose fault is this exactly?